Problem with Phoenix tracks

Posted by CaOss 
Problem with Phoenix tracks
Date: September 07, 2020 05:55PM
Posted by: CaOss
Hi all. I don't know if it happened to someone else but I have a problem with the 1989 and 1991 Phoenix tracks. Almost all cars drop out by accident. Any solution?
Re: Problem with Phoenix tracks
Date: September 07, 2020 08:38PM
Posted by: AustinF1
I’ve had the same issue. Unsure of fix as I filed back all the pertinent MD numbers(?).
Re: Problem with Phoenix tracks
Date: September 07, 2020 09:50PM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
Get the damage coefficient down to 0 with GP4Tweaker! ;) (Y)
Re: Problem with Phoenix tracks
Date: September 08, 2020 09:25AM
Posted by: kedy89
Try reducing AI errors in the track's magic data, that should do it.



Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018

Re: Problem with Phoenix tracks
Date: September 08, 2020 02:17PM
Posted by: TomMK
When you say "by accident" do you mean they crash out? Or retire with reliability problems? Or run out of fuel?

=====================================================


Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Re: Problem with Phoenix tracks
Date: September 08, 2020 03:37PM
Posted by: CaOss
TomMK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When you say "by accident" do you mean they crash
> out? Or retire with reliability problems? Or run
> out of fuel?

Yes, I meant that cars crash.
Re: Problem with Phoenix tracks
Date: September 08, 2020 04:09PM
Posted by: CaOss
kedy89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Try reducing AI errors in the track's magic data,
> that should do it.


Hi. If you mean to do it from TSM, it hasn't worked for me either.
Re: Problem with Phoenix tracks
Date: September 09, 2020 08:53AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
CaOss Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi all. I don't know if it happened to someone
> else but I have a problem with the 1989 and 1991
> Phoenix tracks. Almost all cars drop out by
> accident. Any solution?


You don't like caoss? ;-)



My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Re: Problem with Phoenix tracks
Date: September 09, 2020 02:43PM
Posted by: TomMK
Quote
CaOss
Yes, I meant that cars crash.

Mostly at the end of the back straight, right? I've seen this problem myself before...

I believe GP4 has a bug (what, another one?! hot) where the AI cars seem to assume the track width stays constant from the start of the corner. This causes a problem when you turn sharply from a wide track to a narrow track, exactly like Turn 9 at Phoenix (Washington St into 3rd Avenue).

When being overtaken, an AI car will stay on the outside line, rather than the racing line / CC-line. They try to drive the same wide line all the way around the corner, but when the track narrows they hit the wall because they don't expect it there.

There is no solution to this that I could find, only a "hack", which is to edit the .dat file to widen the track on the outside of the corner. Graphically the track looks the same and there is no unfair advantage (the AI won't use the extra width normally because the CC-line remains the same).

Unfortunately the problem is especially pronounced at Erik van Leeuwen's version of Phoenix (which I assume is what you're using) because the track .dat file has a slight glitch at that corner anyway and also the Magic Data is not the best (sorry to the authors for being critical, it is a great track otherwise).

Here's how I hacked fixed it:



=====================================================


Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Re: Problem with Phoenix tracks
Date: September 09, 2020 03:24PM
Posted by: CaOss
Hi bro, thanks to you and everyone else for your comments and input. Yesterday I made magic datas modifications and at least doing the race simulation with the accelerated time no longer crashing so many cars, which allows a satisfactory race. I have not yet tested the track in a real race and this observation of yours has made me doubt. Would you mind sharing the file you corrected with me? Thanks in advance.
TomMK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Yes, I meant that cars crash.
>
>
> Mostly at the end of the back straight, right?
> I've seen this problem myself before...
>
> I believe GP4 has a bug (what, another one?! hot)
> where the AI cars seem to assume the track width
> stays constant from the start of the corner. This
> causes a problem when you turn sharply from a wide
> track to a narrow track, exactly like Turn 9 at
> Phoenix (Washington St into 3rd Avenue).
>
> When being overtaken, an AI car will stay on the
> outside line, rather than the racing line /
> CC-line. They try to drive the same wide line all
> the way around the corner, but when the track
> narrows they hit the wall because they don't
> expect it there.
>
> There is no solution to this that I could find,
> only a "hack", which is to edit the .dat file to
> widen the track on the outside of the corner.
> Graphically the track looks the same and there is
> no unfair advantage (the AI won't use the extra
> width normally because the CC-line remains the
> same).
>
> Unfortunately the problem is especially pronounced
> at Erik van Leeuwen's version of Phoenix (which I
> assume is what you're using) because the track
> .dat file has a slight glitch at that corner
> anyway and also the Magic Data is not the best
> (sorry to the authors for being critical, it is a
> great track otherwise).
>
> Here's how I hacked fixed it:
>
> [www.gp4central.com] Turn 9
> exit mod.png
Re: Problem with Phoenix tracks
Date: September 11, 2020 07:34AM
Posted by: TomMK
Sure, try this: [www.dropbox.com]

Mind sharing your Magic Data fixes too? What values affected the fix?

=====================================================


Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Re: Problem with Phoenix tracks
Date: September 11, 2020 05:11PM
Posted by: CaOss
TomMK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sure, try this:
> [www.dropbox.com]
> AT?dl=0
>
> Mind sharing your Magic Data fixes too? What
> values affected the fix?

[www.mediafire.com]

Hi Tom. I took the track from a 1989 mod that I downloaded from 4shared (can't remember the author), I used GP4Builder to tweak it for AI errors and mechanical failure probabilities. All of these values ​​were zero (0). I removed the original magic data and replaced it with one I took from the 1982 trackpack that Soutsen sent me. I also modified the lap threshold for pit stops. These modifications have been tested in fast-time simulations and typically finish 12-15 cars. Before it was only one, the winner. The mods I have tested have been kedy and GP4Central, with 22 cars competing. I've made magic data modifications to other tracks as well, in case you're interested.

P.S.: In the link you sent me there is no file. Says he was eliminated.
Re: Problem with Phoenix tracks
Date: September 13, 2020 01:58PM
Posted by: landex
CaOss Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Hi Tom. I took the track from a 1989 mod that I
> downloaded from 4shared (can't remember the
> author),
> P.S.: In the link you sent me there is no file.
> Says he was eliminated.

I made one 1989 the original one. But its not the one who uploaded here.



I dont know how version of 1989 you mean.
Re: Problem with Phoenix tracks
Date: September 13, 2020 04:11PM
Posted by: CaOss
landex Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CaOss Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > Hi Tom. I took the track from a 1989 mod that I
> > downloaded from 4shared (can't remember the
> > author),
> > P.S.: In the link you sent me there is no file.
> > Says he was eliminated.
>
> I made one 1989 the original one. But its not the
> one who uploaded here.
>
> [upload.wikimedia.org]
> mb/5/53/Phoenix_Grand_Prix_Route_-_1989%2C_1990.sv
> g/1920px-Phoenix_Grand_Prix_Route_-_1989%2C_1990.s
> vg.png
>
> I dont know how version of 1989 you mean.


Hi friend. The mod I am talking about I downloaded from 4shared being redirected to gp4forever. From that mod I took the track in question.
Re: Problem with Phoenix tracks
Date: September 14, 2020 11:44AM
Posted by: TomMK
Hmm ok I assumed the 1991 version. Sorry for the bad link, try this: [www.dropbox.com]

I'll take a look at the 1989 version.

=====================================================


Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, Vader, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy