PROJECT - ANYONE???

Posted by Pooky 
PROJECT - ANYONE???
Date: June 29, 2003 10:15AM
Posted by: Pooky
hi

all the amazing GP4 mod guys etc listen to me here:

i want you to be able to make a camera package, that allows you to sit in the grandstand at each track and watch the race from there.

all you need to do, is pinpoint or get the coordinates for each of the grandstands on the track, then do your 'magic' so that we could watch from any of the grandstands on the track and watch an F1 race from there.

surely this is possible.

also, the panning action when u sit in the cockpit of the car could be incorporated so when u r in the grandstand u can look left and right.

could this be attempted or tried please??

Re: PROJECT - ANYONE???
Date: June 29, 2003 10:17AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Try it yourself! Download the Cameditor and experiment.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: June 29, 2003 10:18AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Problem is to do this, we need stationary cameras, which I think isn't possible, but i'm not sure

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: June 29, 2003 10:25AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
oh Lauri....where are you...??? ;)

Date: June 29, 2003 10:34AM
Posted by: markko
DO IT YOURSELF!!!

Date: June 29, 2003 10:38AM
Posted by: Pooky
if i could do it myself or knew HOW to do it why would i post here dufass!

Date: June 29, 2003 10:39AM
Posted by: Vader
Cameras are bound to cars and not trackside objects.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 29, 2003 10:42AM
Posted by: Madman271
Qwerty was wrong in statement. CamEditor unable to edit trackside cameras. Ianwoollam right in the facts that some trackside cameras has special behaviors such as auto zoom and selected car tracking.

Change trackside camera to be able to selected by users is possible with three limitations:
1) No good methods to find when a camera position is in grandstand or else. Each track has different position for trackside cameras.
2. Change camera projection (zoom, dolly, etc) may changes the behaviour of car shadows.
3. I'm not interesting to implement this. :)

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: June 29, 2003 12:04PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Yeah, people please dont shout DO IT YOURSELF! when:

A) He wouldnt have posted here if he knew how to
B) Its not possible so how can you?

Im starting to get quite angry with people here, CANT YOU USE YOUR BRAIN?

Post Edited (06-29-03 19:04)
Date: June 29, 2003 12:25PM
Posted by: b-tone
i dont fully understand.
you want track based tv cameras to appear as if they are sitting in the grandstand?
shouldnt be impossible should it?
track camera positions are supposedly easy to change.
you could remove them all so theres only 1. or put them all in the same place so you could 'sit' in the grandstand all weekend and only see the cars when they pass you.
i htink i have original cameras, but they switch to the nest camera too early.

as for people shouting 'do it yourself' its fair enough for an old question, but this is something new and offered as a project.

____
Tony

Date: June 29, 2003 12:28PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Yes but the camera won't stay still, it'll follow the selected cars movement all around the track whilst zooming in and out constantly.

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: June 29, 2003 12:39PM
Posted by: watercolours
it will be something like ghost mode.

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Date: June 29, 2003 01:40PM
Posted by: Lo2k
One thing is sure: You can't do this with cameditor :)

The only way i see to do that is changing all track cameras with Paul Hoad's beta Track Editor, putting each of them in one stand.

And don't even think to be able to rotate the trackside camera by yourself, it's sci-fi :)

Date: June 29, 2003 01:51PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
No you couldnt, you surely could edit the track camera (ok not with any editor yet but still) and create on that stays in one position and follows the car all the way around therefore acting like ur head sortof :s

Date: June 29, 2003 04:15PM
Posted by: dave
But why? Seems like a lot of work for hardly any result. Surely you must have better things to do with your life than to watch a gp simulation from one point.

Also, you will find you get much better results if you ask for information rather than demand someone else builds something for you.

i want you to be able to make a camera package

Try:

Does anyone know how to......
Can someone help me.......
Is it possible to.......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy