GP4 Track Building Project 2020-2025 - Searching for interested people

Posted by TGF1Driver2 
Hi guys,

GP4 is a great game and there were many brilliant tracks already created by competent people which did this in their free time. Though there are still some former F1 tracks missing for GP4, why I now wanted to try if I can set up a team with experts for every step of building a track, because that should be the efficient way to get more new GP4 tracks for the whole community. I for myself I'm not able to do all this work alone, because my skills in track building are low and my time is also not so much. But I can organize people and work so nobody has too much work for this project. The goal of the project is to get all former F1 circuits in every configuration by the year 2025, about five years from now on. In the next weeks I want to set up a team out of about 20 people (maybe also more), who are willing to be part of this ambitious project. I also welcome track building rookies who are interested in cooperating but have never build tracks before. I also will try to figure out where the talents of people are to organize the tasks better. I hope there are some people willing to help me and we can start this project soon. I will make a list with missing F1 tracks later, of course you can correct it if necessary. :-) (Y)

Project leader and organizer: TGF1DRIVER
Betatesting: TGF1DRIVER
Making track dats: Nobody cares!
Making CC-lines: Nobody cares!
Making sky textures: vacant
Making environment around the tracks (bottom, trees, hills, mountains, etc.): vacant
Making other graphical objects (road signs, barriers, gravel traps, track bottom, arrows on the track): landex, livejackass
Making pit buildings and grandstands: landex, livejackass
Making track previews and loading screens: vacant
Expert for track maps and loading screens: vacant
Expert for Magic Data (especially fuel consumption and power of AI cars compared with the human player car): vacant
Expert for files inside the wad: vacant
Expert for searching old images of historical tracks: vacant
Expert for GPxPatch error logs: SDI
Expert for problems with GP4Builder: Lo2k
Expert for loading screen crashes and other difficult rare issues: foreverk
Expert for searching for old logos of historical tracks: quickslick
Expert for making interesting descriptions of the tracks: Atticus.

Have I forgotten something? ;)

Well, I think together we can really make it. Any people who are interested, please comment this post or also pm me if you want. (Y)

Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2020 12:05AM by TGF1Driver2.
So now, here i the list of missing former F1 tracks for GP4:

Circuit d'Ain Diab, Marocco
Circuito da Boavista, Portugal
Autodromo Buenos Aires former versions (50s and 60s)
Brands Hatch former version
Bremgarten, Switzerland
Circuit de Catalunya Barcelona 2007, Spain
Circuit de Charade Old Version, France (Meteoro405?)
Imola, San Marino (maybe there is a former version missing, I don't know)
Fair Park, Dallas, USA
Fuji Speedway 70s versions, Japan
Montreal former versions, Kanada
Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, Mexico (maybe there is a former version missing, I don't know)
Hockenheim 80s version (without Ostcurve chicane)
Circuito del Jarama, Spain
Circuito de Jerez 80s version, Spain
Magny Cours, France (maybe there is a former version missing, I don't know)
Monte Carlo, Monaco (maybe there is a former version missing, I don't know)
Circuito de Monsanto, Portugal
Circuit de Montjiuc, Spain
Circuit Mont-Tremblant, Canada
Monza Oval and combined track, Italy (many different versions from 1950 to 1994)
Mosport Park, Canada
Nivelles-Baulers, Belgium
Nürburgring-Südschleife, Germany (drt01?)
Circuit Paul-Ricard early 80s version, France (Pedro?)
Circuit de Pedralbes, Spain
Circuito de Pescara, Italy
Phoenix Street Circuit 1989/1990 version, USA
Prince George Circuit, South Africa
Österreichring 70s without chicane, Austria (Pedro?)
Circuit de Reims-Gueux, France 1950/1951 (Meteoro405?)
Circuit de Reims-Gueux, France late 50s/60s version (still beta, Meteoro405?)
Riverside International Raceway, USA
Rouen-les-Essarts, France (1952 shorter version)
Rouen-les-Essarts, France (60s version, still beta)
Scandinavian Raceway Anderstorp, Sweden (someone started already working on this track I think, but I can't remember who it was)
Sebring Raceway, USA (1959 version)
Sebring Raceway, USA (current version without hairpin)
Sebring Raceway, USA (current version with hairpin)
Silverstone, England (maybe there is a former version missing, I don't know)
Spa-Franchorchamps, Belgium (maybe there are missing versions, 1994 version with chicane is already existing I think, but I'm not sure anymore right now)
Suzuka Raceway, Japan (some former versions of 80s and 90s)
Watkins Glen former version
Circuit Park Zandvoort, Netherlands (some former versions of 1948 to 1985)
Flugplatz Zeltweg, Austria

SPECIAL TRACKS:

Grenzlandring (a former oval race track in Germany, clockwise and anti-clockwise)
Short Version of Spa pre-1975 in two different versions (with and without Eau Rouge chicane)
Interlagos Oval (70s version and current version, only one dat but two wads)
Circuit de Charade today
Old Nürburgring Betonschleife (maybe on base of Kleine Nordschleife if we get permission)
Short Version of Nürburgring-Nordschleife with track section "Steilstrecke" (maybe on base of Kleine Nordschleife if we get permission) (special track that I want to have)
Athens Circuit (probably the first GP4 track located in Greece)
Hockenheimring pre-1963 (without Motodrom) clockwise and anti-clockwise
Hockenheimring pre-1938 (with unfixed forest trails, maybe the first offroad GP4 track)
Kyalami 2000 (with chicane), South Africa
Dijon-Prenois Shorter Version, France
Donington Park Shorter Version, England
Indianapolis present versions (with and without chicane), USA
Long Beach, USA (IndyCar and Formula E versions, maybe on base of Pedro's Long Beach 1981 if we get permission)
Zolder, Belgium (1990s version and present version, maybe on base of Pedro's Zolder 1982 if we get permission)
Targa Florio Circuit Short Version (special track for Horacio)
Serra do Mar Short Version (special track for Horacio)
Coppermine Park (special track for kedy89)
Autodrome de Linas-Montlhéry Oval Version, 50s version and longest version (maybe a bit shortened)
Honda Indy Toronto (special track for AustinF1)
St. Petersburg Street Circuit (special track for AustinF1)
Tamiami Park Miami Circuit (with and without chicane) (special track for AustinF1)
Road Atlanta (special track for AustinF1)
Assen recent version (since 2005)
Assen first historical version 1946-1954
Assen second historical version 1955-1983

If a track is missing or if a track written there is already existing for GP4 or someone is working on it, please let me know, I will change the list then. Thank you.

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2020 10:35PM by TGF1Driver2.
I'm gonna join this project of yours, that's for sure (Y)
PS: Sebring is dearly missed!!!
btw I once tried to make the Sebring layout:
[www.mediafire.com]
plus I have a lot of material for that track we could use for building it...
[www.mediafire.com]
yep, i'm in for the logos :)
Well, Sebring is in the list, but it's ok. Thank you for joining my project. I hope we'll find more people soon. We need a few experts.
Thank you quickslick as well. You're our logo-expert.
Congratulations to the creator and to everyone who will participate in this great idea, GP4, despite not being so new, still arouses the will of many adults and young people, getting a good setup, remains one of the strengths of this game, I think it will still to make the joy of many and many more good years, my contribution will be less than a grain of sand, because the maximum I can do will be to test and evaluate. Hug to all and live the GP4. (google tradutor)

Parabens ao idealizador e a todos que irao participar dessa grandiosa ideia, o GP4 apesar de nao ser tao novo, ainda desperta a vontade de muitos adultos e jovens, acertar um bom setup, continua sendo um dos pontos fortes deste jogo, penso que ainda vai fazer a alegria de muitos e muitos por mais uns bons anos, minha contribuiçao sera menor que um grao de areia, pois o maximo que consigo sera testar e avaliar. Abraço a todos e viva o GP4.
huskyman49 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> btw I once tried to make the Sebring layout:
> [www.mediafire.com]
> ing.zip/file
> plus I have a lot of material for that track we
> could use for building it...
> [www.mediafire.com]
> ing_2010

I really like your dat-file of Sebring. So you are the expert for dat-files and CC-lines from now on. (H) (Y)

By the way I'd like to have three different versions of Sebring, one from 1959 and to modern ones (with and without hairpin). The version you have already done is the modern layout without the hairpin. :-) (I)
great ideas, I hope it works, don't have the skills to help, 'd love to, could give information or ideas, just for fun...
- a short version of Targa Florio could be interesting
- comment: Montjuic is very good
- this would be hard, but a famous road track everybody loved in the 60's was the Serra do Mar, road from São Paulo to the sea in Santos, very beautiful, a short way down and up, of course with a great view
- the oval circuit in Interlagos, called "the external ring", a great circuit with the ups and downs, it could be done in the original or in the actual circuit

Horacio
Zacio Geribello schrieb:
> great ideas, I hope it works, don't have the
> skills to help, 'd love to, could give information
> or ideas, just for fun...
> - a short version of Targa Florio could be
> interesting
> - comment: Montjuic is very good
> - this would be hard, but a famous road track
> everybody loved in the 60's was the Serra do Mar,
> road from São Paulo to the sea in Santos, very
> beautiful, a short way down and up, of course with
> a great view
> - the oval circuit in Interlagos, called "the
> external ring", a great circuit with the ups and
> downs, it could be done in the original or in the
> actual circuit
>
> Horacio

Thank you for the ideas! Maybe you find a bit time to help us. :-)(Y)
Would like to see the Toronto and St Petersburg street circuits, the Tamiami Park Miami circuit, and Road Atlanta. Thanks sincerely
I began last year the Anderstorp circuit but its gone take sometime to finish it...
i am open for making buildings and so. But Iam more for the old circuits 1950s to 1996.;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2020 02:54AM by landex.
I can collaborate with pleasure. My professional specialty is graphics. I work well with graphics and vector edits. About GP4 Builder, I have more experience in cars, but I am an eternal apprentice and I am in the mood for the project.
I'm very happy that you want to help me. I would say we start to make a few dat-files with CC-lines first, then we build up a basical wad to have a beta-track, then we need sky textures and environment, and then pit buildings, grandstands, trees and other graphical objects.
[youtu.be]

I think these video-tutorials of Paulo are more than helpful for our project - at least they made it possible for me to make the Sebring tracklayout and cc-line...
huskyman49 schrieb:
> [youtu.be]
>
> I think these video-tutorials of Paulo are more
> than helpful for our project - at least they made
> it possible for me to make the Sebring tracklayout
> and cc-line...

Yes, great video. How many track dats with CC lines can you make each week? Do you also know people who maybe are willing to help you? We just need about five more people for the project.
Maybe my friend Ariel (Meteoro405) could be interested - he build some amazing tracks in the past... For the moment he is however engaged in a Le Mans mod project... but you could ask him anyway...
I don't remember how long it took me to build the Sebring layout so I can't answer your first question. Hopefully I didn't forget how I made it but with the help of Paulo's great tutorial I could learn it again a second time ;)
Maybe I should mention that my release of Sebring last year was downloaded a lot but no one showed interest in starting a project of this legendary track... :(
Please don't cry. :(

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy