Update GP4 DB

Posted by AustinF1 
Update GP4 DB
Date: March 15, 2020 02:17PM
Posted by: AustinF1
As I see GP4 age (gracefully) and thus the development of new updates, tools, cars, and tracks recede, I would suggest we work on updating the GP4 Database to include all downloads be available via Mediafire if possible. The other shared download sites are either discontinued or full of cumbersome popups and other barriers that make use nearly impossible. The GP4 track database (which is what I access the most) is quite dated with few track updates later than 2012 on there and some of our creative stars (like Jorge) have done some real yeoman's work on some later upgrades and improvements on many tracks. I'm probably not the best one to peck keyboard keys on this project but would happily donate to the cause.
Re: Update GP4 DB
Date: March 15, 2020 04:54PM
Posted by: CaOss
I totally agree with you.
Re: Update GP4 DB
Date: March 17, 2020 06:15PM
Posted by: Flash Formula
Yeah good idea :) but some like having their work released by themselves on their own account and don't like it, that's how files and work gets lost by members moving on and accounts closing :( Past leeching didn't help things.
The ideas are there and I personally feel the time as come for GP4 to have that "Main Database" website and backup server system which is needed, but it would take a lot of time and possibly money.

Date: March 18, 2020 12:36AM
Posted by: AustinF1
Certainly want to honor all members requests, I would gladly donate to the cause.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy