Problem with AI's braking

Posted by la2906 
Problem with AI's braking
Date: October 09, 2019 07:41PM
Posted by: la2906
Hey dear community,

ever since really restarting to play the Grand Prix Series this year after having played GP3 and GP4 actively over 10 years ago, I've been committing to understanding the game and its mechanics a lot. Now having gained a lot of knowledge, I was trying to create a playable and realistic 2019 season package with MSchumi24's mod, the 2016 trackpack from GP4forever (and some current tracks) for myself since we could probably wait years for a full 2019 trackpack to be released. ^^ By realistic I mainly mean configuring the cars so that they reach straight line and cornering speeds according to real life which are supposed to result in realistic laptimes, but this is where the struggle starts to kick in.

Whereas it's quite easy to configure the cars pace for many tracks with the 2019 mod, my biggest struggle right now is Monza due to the late AI braking that seems to come with the mod. Comparing the 2019 mod with the original 2001 cars, I noticed that the 2019 mod AI breaks too late and misses the first chicane (in contrast to the original game's AI which breaks at the right spot) by just a little margin, slowing them down massively. At first I thought it might have something to do with the fact that the 2016 Monza track assumingly uses magic data fitting the 2016 performance, but even after trying stuff like replacing the 2016 version with a 2018 update in hope of having more suitable magic data in that track and tweaking the magic data myself (this brought me a bit closer to the wanted result), the cars still spun off at turn 1. Plus in general I've discovered that you can barely ever outbreak and divebomb the AI on this mod on any track, so it's clear where the issue lies.

My question now is: how can you tweak the AI's breaking for this mod so that they take every corner nice and tight? Especially on Monza I really noticed how unbalanced things are. The AI has got really high grip everywhere and and take every apex, late nice and tight (as I want it to be since I want the AI to be challenging especially on the brakes), but in really sharp corners they just struggle due to braking too late...

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere already in this forum, but I thought it'd be better to just describe my problem instead of searching in the depths of this forum... ^^

Thanks in advance!
Re: Problem with AI's braking
Date: October 10, 2019 12:28AM
Posted by: TomMK
It's the physics file that causes this problem, it has been discussed before. Try looking at, for example, the GP4 Central 2018 Mod, which does not have this issue.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Re: Problem with AI's braking
Date: October 10, 2019 02:15AM
Posted by: la2906
Yeah, as I thought it'd be... ^^ Huge thanks for directly giving me something to work with by sharing that thread! :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy