unwanted reflections

Posted by ayazyounis 
unwanted reflections
Date: June 26, 2003 09:26AM
Posted by: ayazyounis
i have a good computer but still i dont want reflections bcos they are so false. i have installed the best cars, from vipers and others and i go to the gfx config menu and turn everything on full, except mirrors, relections, bump mapping and dynamic something. i go thru the process and then select ok. then i goto the game and go out on track in a car and the relections are there? i have disabled the f1graphics.cfg entries that i know of for relections but still get them.

side note: i installed a zalman flower cooler for my pc. before the temp was about 61 now it is 55 so it was a waste of money unless i installed the heatsink the wrong way around but dont think so. athlons do overheat pretty quickly.
Re: unwanted reflections
Date: June 26, 2003 09:29AM
Posted by: Ellis
side note: i installed a zalman flower cooler for my pc. before the temp was about 61 now it is 55 so it was a waste of money unless i installed the heatsink the wrong way around but dont think so. athlons do overheat pretty quickly.

Wots ur CPU?

I got XP 2000 and it runs approx 55 and i have no problems anymore, but it used to run 60-65 and wud reboot when it got too hot

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 26, 2003 11:11AM
hi ellis. my athlon is 2600+. i went to the amd website and they said that although they dont have an ideal operating temp. they say that being in the 55-60 range is perfectly fine. they do althogh have max temp wich depends on what processor you have.
Date: June 26, 2003 11:54AM
also can some1 tell me wat enviroment maps are in the gfx menu?
Date: June 26, 2003 12:35PM
Posted by: villej
disable bumb mapping

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: June 26, 2003 03:44PM
Posted by: tis
@ ayazyounis
The Zalman is by no means a great cooler for your processor. The advantage of having the Zalman cooler is that the noise levels are reduced significantly for similar performance to a stock cooler. The performance is fine though, the Athlon does run a little hot but 55 is ok.

Remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
Date: June 26, 2003 05:10PM
Posted by: Abstraction
llol u haven't answered his real question.

i have same problem but no answers :p

Andrew. Australia.
Date: June 27, 2003 12:18AM
Posted by: Caelen
to get rid of reflections completely youd have to edit the config manually, i think if you disable dynamic env maps it defaults to static env maps which can be turned off in the config file.
btw this only works with ver 1.02, if you still have unpatched gp4 the turning off static maos in config does nothing.
Date: July 04, 2003 09:24AM
Posted by: Muks_C
I also want to turn down the reflections. Before I started messing with the f1graphics.cfg file, I turned the reflections off ion the advanced menu, but they were still there.

Does anyone know exactly which line in the f1graphics file to alter?

Thanks in advance
Date: July 04, 2003 09:35AM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
No need to mess f1graphics file, here it works from graphic menu:

reflections in graphic menus are for tracks, when it rains. Max value here is most realistic, if you ask me.

enviroment maps set to static gives the most realistic look to cars, but here is also important how author of the car managed car reflections with alpha channels.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy