Track mod: Keimola Motor Stadium (Beta)

Posted by lesleyyb 
Track mod: Keimola Motor Stadium (Beta)
Date: August 16, 2019 08:50PM
Posted by: lesleyyb
this is a beta version of the Keimola Motor Stadium, a now demolished racing circuit based in finland
over the last 1.5/2 years i've been spending some free time building this track, learning about GP4 along the way. Even though this track was orginially to be used for private purposes, my mate Kedy89 encouraged me to release it to the public

graphically it's defenitely not on par with some of the awesome works published on this site, but in terms of physics this track is all fine and (so far) has proven to be bug-free, apart from some graphical glitches which i'm aware off.

just a warning in advance: due to GP4 limitations this track is not 100% accurate to the original track. mainly the pitlane has a completely different location in comparison to the original track. also as said, i've been building this track in spare free time so don't expect a consistent pattern of updates, though i'll take any feedback given very seriously and will try to apply it to get this track to an very acceptable level. in the end i would like to have all custom-build objects on this track and get the graphics up to par with the base game

so far this track has proven to been very fun to watch the AI, and i hope you'll enjoy it just as much.

if you decide to download this track, thank you in advance and be sure to share feedback so i can improve it further.

Download link
Re: Track mod: Keimola Motor Stadium (Beta)
Date: August 17, 2019 08:40AM
Posted by: Soutsen
Thanks a lot for your work!

Date: August 17, 2019 11:07AM
Posted by: thestig88
Many thanks!
Date: August 17, 2019 11:26AM
Posted by: FlyingFinn19
It's really good guys, give him some love :D
Date: August 17, 2019 02:04PM
Posted by: bluecarl
Fantastic work!!!!! I tested a lot yesterday, the track is fantastic. Thank you a lot.
Greetings from Argentina, Carlos.
Date: August 17, 2019 04:00PM
Posted by: thestig88
Haven't really played GP4 much the last few years, but great work like yours recreating classic tracks has given me the bug again.
Date: August 17, 2019 05:39PM
Posted by: Noog
I think you under-sold it a little. The circuit comes with a quality DAT & it looks nice.

Wouldn't run first time I tried (in slot 7, which just happened to be free), but I moved it to slot 15 and it ran perfectly.

Good job. Thanks a lot.
Date: August 17, 2019 06:58PM
Noog Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think you under-sold it a little. The circuit
> comes with a quality DAT & it looks nice.
>
> Wouldn't run first time I tried (in slot 7, which
> just happened to be free), but I moved it to slot
> 15 and it ran perfectly.
>
> Good job. Thanks a lot.

maybe i under-sold it a bit, even though i've downloaded stuff from here before i don't have a clear view of what is seen as good quality, so i would rather put it down a little than settle people for dissappointment. glad to hear you enjoy it though, gives a nice boost to my confidence :D
Date: August 17, 2019 07:19PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Thanks, any pics? :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 18, 2019 09:05AM
Posted by: kedy89
Date: August 18, 2019 01:38PM
Posted by: quickslick
thank you for the track :)
Date: August 19, 2019 10:12PM
Posted by: gezere
Thank you for the track.
I downloaded it and quickly tried. That's a nice job. good to see new track and new active modder.
What can I say more....
- The track would deserve some higher resolution textures. As there are a lot of tree, a higher resolution for them should improve hugely and easily the graphics.
- The same for the grass around the track with an improved mapping scale.
- Some objects are oversized compared to the track scale. You can easily see them from the screenshots done by Kedy. Tractor/trucks/Brake distance boards/marshall/Photograph (they are a lot of giant in Finland ;) )

At the end only details easy to improve and a very good "beta" version. As said by Noog, do not "under-sold" your work. Be proud of it!!

Date: August 19, 2019 10:20PM
gezere Schreef:
> Thank you for the track.
> I downloaded it and quickly tried. That's a nice
> job. good to see new track and new active modder.
> What can I say more....
> - The track would deserve some higher resolution
> textures. As there are a lot of tree, a higher
> resolution for them should improve hugely and
> easily the graphics.
> - The same for the grass around the track with an
> improved mapping scale.
> - Some objects are oversized compared to the track
> scale. You can easily see them from the
> screenshots done by Kedy. Tractor/trucks/Brake
> distance boards/marshall/Photograph (they are a
> lot of giant in Finland ;) )
>
> At the end only details easy to improve and a very
> good "beta" version. As said by Noog, do not
> "under-sold" your work. Be proud of it!!

thanks for the comments! will have a look and adjust everything needed. i agree the track surroundings have been the hardest part for me, the grass and graveltraps specifically, haven't figured out how to do those right exactly but i'll give it my best
Date: August 19, 2019 10:45PM
Posted by: gezere
GP4 Builder provides good functionnalities to edit the size of the object and also the mapping scale.
It is more or less a "try and fail" process but I am sure you will find the way to use both.
GP4 Builder gives you a real time update which will look the same once in game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2019 11:01PM by gezere.
Date: August 20, 2019 02:33AM
Posted by: AustinF1
Just setup and ran the track for the first time. You did a fine job on it! Is this track real or a fictitious layout?
Date: August 20, 2019 02:36AM
AustinF1 Schreef:
> Just setup and ran the track for the first time.
> You did a fine job on it! Is this track real or a
> fictitious layout?

it was real, if i remember it was build in the 60s, ran some national series and hosted some formula 2 races before it closed due to financial issues. it's now a residential area but some of the roads still follow the lines of the old track. here's the wiki page: [en.wikipedia.org]
Date: August 21, 2019 01:57AM
Posted by: Foreverk
From Wikipedia:

The Keimola Motor Stadium was a dedicated race track located in Vantaa, Finland. It was founded by Finnish racing driver Curt Lincoln after the closure of the Eläintarha track in 1963. Construction started in 1965 and the track was opened on 12 June 1966. The track was 3.3 km (2.1 mi) long, consisting of eight turns and a 1 km (0.62 mi) home straight. Multiple racing series, including Formula Two, Formula Vee and Interserie, raced on the track during the years it was used. After many years of financial difficulties, the track was abandoned in late 1978. For many years of decay, there are plans to transform it into a residential area. The track was designed to fit Formula Two specifications, being too short for Formula One cars. Because Formula One drivers could also participate in Formula Two races during the late 1960s, the track saw legends like Jim Clark, Graham Hill, Jack Brabham, Jochen Rindt and Denny Hulme in 1966 and 1967. The track raised interest into Formula Vee in the late 1960s.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy