Fuel capacity/consumption setting off

Posted by AustinF1 
Fuel capacity/consumption setting off
Date: February 17, 2019 03:59PM
Posted by: AustinF1
I am running (and enjoying) some of the new tracks that have recently been offered on here but am running into an issue with the fuel settings. For example, when I run the Zolder or Long Beach tracks the system only "consumes" .7-.8 gallons per lap. Is this a setting in Magic Data? Also, is this affected only by track length or other factors such as car setups? If a track has a MG fuel setting 0f 7000, do I raise that number to get the fuel capacity/consumption right or lower that number? These new tracks are great, by the way!
Re: Fuel capacity/consumption setting off
Date: February 17, 2019 06:18PM
Posted by: munnzy
yes that is a setting in the magic data for that track, also i have seen a calculation for how to arrive at a representative number
Date: February 17, 2019 08:12PM
Posted by: AustinF1
Thanks for the reply. Do you have info on that calculation?
Date: February 18, 2019 07:09PM
Posted by: gezere
Not a very sophisticated calculation but an easy and quick way to improve a lack or an over consumption:
at least it works for me....

Start for a run of 10 laps.
At the end of your run, look at your real consumption, for example 8 laps.
So you are missing 20% of consumption.
so increase by 20% the value you have at the desc70=fuel consumption player

Of course you can do the same calculation for AI cars but this time by editing the desc71=fuel consumption AI

If you get an over consumption, (for 10 laps you are consuming, for example 11 laps)
then decrease by 10% the desc70 and desc71 for AI

The above example are 2 basic examples, but I assume you will be able to calculate the % to increase ot decrease the values
when you will get for 10 laps a consumption of 8.4 or 12.6... ;)

Hope it helps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2019 07:23PM by gezere.
Date: February 18, 2019 07:16PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Or a 3 laps quick race and make sure that cars have fuel left for 1,6/1,8 laps when the flag drops.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: February 18, 2019 11:41PM
Posted by: TomMK
@GeZeRe - Yes that's exactly how I do it too.

@Turbo Lover - Better to do it over a longer run so it's more accurate. I tend to use a 30% non-championship race, accelerate time to the last lap and then use GeZeRe's method.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy