Gp4 Crashes At Load

Posted by Anonymous User 
Gp4 Crashes At Load
Date: June 22, 2003 12:21AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
***** I HAVE USED THE SEARCH BUTTON ******

Hey All,

I just updated the menu driver pics for GP4 using Car Set Creator4. When i start the game the pictures appear - menus work fine, but when i wait for the game to load after selecting "Free Practice" on "Nurburing". The loading bar gets to the end, and when it usually goes into the pit garage in cockpit view, it crashes to desktop.

PC Specs: Pentium 4 2.0ghz, 512MB DDR Ram, GeForce4 440SE With AGP8X, Audigy2 Sound Card. I run Gp4 with GPx Patch. I am not using patch 9.6.

Can anybody help please!

Cheers

Re: Gp4 Crashes At Load
Date: June 22, 2003 12:49AM
Posted by: LarryM
Did you remember to switch back the correct exe after editing? I assume you used the 1.00 decrypted exe and your game is patched to 9.06. Just a thought.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: June 22, 2003 12:49AM
Posted by: Caelen
does it only crash on nurbergring, if so then the nurb2001.wad or cicuit file is possibly corrupted replace with a backup.
Date: June 22, 2003 12:50AM
I dont use 9.6 and it isnt just Nurbergring

Date: June 22, 2003 01:17AM
Anybody awake?

Date: June 22, 2003 01:27AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

I am! though it is 3.36pm here

It could be your anim.wad

did you include pit crew stuff? if you did then thas your problem carset creator locks up your Computer (in GP4 loading) if you load pit crews using it, use gp4master to load pitcrews etc for gp4. it dosent **** up your game then :)

Date: June 22, 2003 01:35AM
Me an Aussie To :)
Ill do that, i think, ill use the backups b4 i added a new pitcrew - IF I CAN FIND THEM, and we see what we can do cheers. BTW HOLDEN ROck, we got a VY SS :)

Date: June 22, 2003 01:41AM
Posted by: tux
the backups were created in the main csc4 folder in teh backups folder. that is of course if u lett it backup when u first loaded it ;) (there is allways the menu to do it uresekf :P)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy