No way. Game doesn't read my new .dat file :(
Re: Wheater
Date: June 01, 2020 10:21AM
Posted by: PaZa8523
Anyone can help me? :(
Date: June 01, 2020 12:02PM
Posted by: Noog
I'm not sure why you are using GPBuilder to do this when you don't have to. Here's how I would do what you want to do:

1. Download the MD file Auscain linked above, change the rain chance to what you want, then use CMagic to inject it into the track.

2. Now, (I think this is where you're going wrong), load the GAME, go to the game settings (OPTIONS - RACE OPTIONS), and make sure you have REALISTIC SETTINGS selected for the weather. That's what tells the game to use the MD value.
Date: June 01, 2020 12:45PM
@Noog

1. I use CMagic, import S1CTXX.DAT and .md3 file (Auscain file modified with 100% rain chance). After I import data (I see "done" message), I close the program, re-open it, load S1CTXX.DAT just saved, and push the button "Edit GP4 info" and see this message: "Track doesn't contain GP4 info data".. :(

2. Realistic settings are ON both in the game and in gpxpatch. ;-)
Date: June 01, 2020 01:42PM
Hmm. I'm pretty sure this doesn't mean what you think it does.

You can just ignore that button (I usually do) - or if you click it you can click ADD and put in something like name. Do this even if 'name' already shows. Then click in the field to the right and put the name of the track if you like.

Should be OK now. But as I said, I don't think it matters. As far as I've ever seen, you'll still be using the MD regardless.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2020 01:46PM by Noog.
Date: June 01, 2020 02:41PM
@Noog

Even if I ignore that button, and I change manually rain chance in .md3 file with text editor, no change applied in the game. hot

Is it possible create a folder with all of .md3 files readed by gpxpatch?
Date: June 01, 2020 04:09PM
PaZa8523 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Noog
>
> Even if I ignore that button, and I change
> manually rain chance in .md3 file with text
> editor, no change applied in the game. hot

Weird. There ARE a few tracks that don't show rain though, because the author never put it in. Can't remember which tracks, but I have a feeling some of the Paul Ricard versions don't - you get the spray off the tyres but no wetness is visible on the track. Which track are you working with?

> Is it possible create a folder with all of .md3
> files readed by gpxpatch?

As far as I know GPxPatch doesn't read MD files so ti wouldn't be relevant. The MD files are just a place to store the data where you can change it easily, ie the MD files are used by Cmagic (for example) as source data, which CMagic then injects into the .DAT. I just leave each MD file in relevant track folder, but once the DAT is updated it's pretty much redundant.

PS: Just a thought - when you use CMagic to update the DAT, have you checked that the date/time changes on the DAT? Might be worth a look - because if that data isn't making it into the DAT it isn't going to work, i.e. the game reads the DAT, not the MD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2020 04:20PM by Noog.
Date: June 01, 2020 11:58PM
Posted by: quickslick
i have another idea. What if you use a weather.wdt file from another track where it rains and insert it into your track where no rain is? i think the weather wdt file is the file for the rain chances on the track
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy