LE MANS 1990

Posted by huskyman49 
LE MANS 1990
Date: December 13, 2018 07:00PM
Posted by: huskyman49
[www.mediafire.com]
[www.mediafire.com]

This is my Christmas present #1 to the community: the track files magic data is manipulated to enable a more or less realistic result.
I set the practice and qualifying times in the game to 90 minutes on Friday, 60 minutes on saturday and for qualifying and 30 minutes for warm up.
The race lasts 124 laps (I tried 253 laps but that led to nearly 90% retirements...).
The Porsche and Jaguar cockpits have head up displays in the left window - to place the dashboard to the common place would have destroyed the impression of the cars cockpit (at least in my eyes...).
The cars have five gears and I run them in ACE mode (what else?) without TC - quite tricky to drive ;)
Laptimes should be around 1:51.0 minutes - the race lasts about 3 hours 52 minutes...

Have fun and don't hesitate to report any bugs (although tested many times) or ask questions if there are any...!

Best wishes from snowy Styria
Karl
Re: LE MANS 1990
Date: December 13, 2018 08:23PM
Posted by: nhorry
Great, can't wait to try it! :-)
Thank you very much!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2018 08:24PM by nhorry.
Date: December 13, 2018 09:56PM
Posted by: quickslick
thank you very much Karl, that's great :)
Date: December 14, 2018 11:16AM
Posted by: Soutsen
thanks a lot!

Date: December 14, 2018 12:57PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
Thanks Karl!!!!!

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: December 14, 2018 04:53PM
Posted by: npnc
Thank you very much!
Date: December 15, 2018 04:59PM
Posted by: drt01
I do not want to ruin the party but when you were thinking of asking permission to use my track for this mode and mostly put it in a new download pack without any credits in a read me file? :(
Are you the author of this track? I dont think so, so credits are required to release.

Also credits to orginal author MarioB, as i did many year ago, should be very correct.

-------------- My GP4 Tracks --------------

F1 Tracks , Oval Tracks, Other Tracks
Date: December 15, 2018 07:49PM
I'm not aware of claiming this track as my own work! So what? The only thing I modified is the MD and also I did not ask for applause.
Look, mate, if I'm asked by someone for a certain track he cannot find and I have it, I send it without regret and don't ask for permisson everytime.
If you are so proud of your products that you ask for praise everytime one uses it, just keep it for yourself but don't lament ;-)
I'm also proud of my work but my reward is that many of you use my cars and have fun with them and keep the game alive...
Date: December 15, 2018 07:57PM
Let me add one thing, Davide: I'm very fond of your work (Petite Sarthe) and I don't hesitate to claim that it`s one of the best tracks I ever drove on.
Carissimi saluti a Como
Karl
Date: December 15, 2018 09:41PM
Posted by: gezere
huskyman49 écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not aware of claiming this track as my own
> work! So what? The only thing I modified is the MD
> and also I did not ask for applause.
> Look, mate, if I'm asked by someone for a certain
> track he cannot find and I have it, I send it
> without regret and don't ask for permisson
> everytime.
> If you are so proud of your products that you ask
> for praise everytime one uses it, just keep it for
> yourself but don't lament ;-)
> I'm also proud of my work but my reward is that
> many of you use my cars and have fun with them and
> keep the game alive...

Lack of respect for the original authors drives to a lack of motivation from them. And you are close of that!
I could have miss something but what are the cars you are so proud?

Date: December 15, 2018 09:46PM
Well, I'm quite sure you missed a lot...
Date: December 15, 2018 09:49PM
provide the list

Date: December 15, 2018 09:54PM
I'm not sure what you really want...
Date: December 15, 2018 09:56PM
do it please

Date: December 15, 2018 10:04PM
Man, I'm nearly 70 years old and already a little stubborn.. so I don't understand what is your concrete demand ;)
Date: December 15, 2018 10:16PM
You claim you are:

"proud of your work but your reward is that many of us use your cars and have fun with them and
keep the game alive..."

I don't remember what these cars are... My apologies if I miss them, so, please, update me with the cars you released for our community.

Date: December 15, 2018 10:20PM
Ah, so you might not have noticed the first post of this thread with the mediafire download files?
Date: December 15, 2018 10:39PM
Just for information: LE MANS 90.cuh: released on 2018/12/13 - downloaded 47 times so far, 5 people said 'thank you' (so far) - that's ok for me...
Date: December 15, 2018 10:42PM
Posted by: drt01
Thanks for you nice comments on track. It's one of that reasons that i did it and continue to do.

But i say to you this: have you a minimun idea of how much times i dedicated to it? I think no: you would never write your previous post. And the answer is: a lot. A very long time of my free time. Just for what: first for my personal fun and also for you guys that loves this games. Nothing else.

And you, wise man, how much time could you spend to write a read me file with credits and thanks to original authors? few minutes i suppose.
So my little request is that. Otherwise no permission to release the track.

-------------- My GP4 Tracks --------------

F1 Tracks , Oval Tracks, Other Tracks
Date: December 15, 2018 10:43PM
When I was a boy my father told me: 'To please everybody is an impossible task...' :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy