just a quickie slightly off topic

Posted by ayazyounis 
just a quickie slightly off topic
Date: June 20, 2003 04:54PM
Posted by: ayazyounis
i got a new cmputer which has an athlon in it. i heard that athlon overheat pretty easy? is this true? also you know the flower cooler for processors from zalman.com are they any good?
Re: just a quickie slightly off topic
Date: June 20, 2003 04:56PM
Posted by: Vader
Zalman are the best.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 20, 2003 05:02PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
I've got an Athlon, and at first, It got to 80°C in about Half an hour, you need to get some sort of cooling system, as I haven't got much money, cause I'm a student, and too lazy to get a job! I just knicked a load of old fans out of old and knackered PSU's and shoved them in my PC, not the best way to do it but, meah. . . . managed to get the temp down to 40°C which at least stopped my computer crashing! But yes they do overheat easily, especially if you don't have a sufficient cooling system.

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: June 20, 2003 05:33PM
Posted by: tux
man, and i thought mine getting to 50 was too high ;)

Date: June 20, 2003 05:50PM
Posted by: Ellis
I've got an Athlon, and at first, It got to 80°C in about Half an hour, you need to get some sort of cooling system, as I haven't got much money, cause I'm a student, and too lazy to get a job!

thats odd because The XP series get to the optimum temperature after just 5 seconds of being turned on.

Mine gets to approx 40 when in bios, 55 when loading heavily in games

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 20, 2003 05:55PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
My Processor isn't an XP make, its the old Athlon type, when they first came out, I've got a Athlon 1.2Ghz

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: June 21, 2003 02:49AM
Posted by: Didigp4
Ianwoollam I love your signature pic :)
Date: June 21, 2003 02:56AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Damon 4 EVA

Date: June 21, 2003 03:00AM
Posted by: LarryM
I just put mine through some pressure and temp (CPU) is up to 61c. Maybe I need a better cooler?

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: June 21, 2003 03:17AM
Posted by: Lo2k
Yep, beware because my Athlon 1.33Ghz was crashing (auto reboot) everytime i reached the 65°C.
I still have such things with my 2000+ but that's another story as this time i got a good cpu fan and CPU is always under 60°, even after a long GP4 race, so i rather think it comes from my power supply insufficent cooling (some low fan technology) :)

Date: June 21, 2003 03:19AM
Posted by: marcl
The older AMD did over heat, the XP ones are fine as long as the fan works.

61c is ok if u read the amd web site u will get the temps, the highest it can run at is 90c then it will shut down.
Date: June 21, 2003 05:02AM
Posted by: sasjag
might runs the same as Ellis's coz he stole my PC :-o

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: June 21, 2003 07:10AM
Posted by: Ellis
Sim, i had this spec first, rememebr!! You bought it after i had built mine!!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 21, 2003 01:50PM
this is what i would like. i have an athlon xp 600+ is it slot a? does anyone have this product. is it good.

[www.quietpc.com]?
Date: June 21, 2003 02:00PM
turned computer on and windows loaded windows. didnt do anything else just checked cpu temp and it says 57.6. is that ok or hot?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy