please help a thickie

Posted by LS. 
please help a thickie
Date: June 19, 2003 07:07PM
Posted by: LS.
have tried to use this fricking wadupdater for crash helmet importing and have failed miserably

but what is really getting me down is i need to find away to import the external T-CAM steering wheel, and change it for a williams version

i have tweaked the T-Cam settings to be as near as the cockpit view of GPL, but the default mega patch steering wheel spoils it for me because i'd like a williams version

see pic below for details of the wheel i want to change for williams version

Post Edited (06-20-03 02:11)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Re: please help a thickie
Date: June 19, 2003 07:21PM
Posted by: tux
hehe, wrong forum ;)

Date: June 19, 2003 07:26PM
Posted by: Ellis
there you go jon :P fixed

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 19, 2003 07:33PM
Posted by: tux
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

cant see the pic tho :(

Date: June 19, 2003 07:56PM
Posted by: Morbid
Place the 4 helmet shapes in a folder. Start wadupdater 2.3. Click select a folder. Point it []in[/]ito the folder you placed the helmets in. Click the folder icon on the lower menu. Select you cars.wad. Click update wad. All done. Can't help with the external wheel though :(

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 19, 2003 10:34PM
Posted by: LarryM
I have change dthe ext steering wheel (have a Mclaren). You just switch the tex file in the cars wad with GP4master.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: June 20, 2003 02:42AM
Posted by: LS.
what do i have to do ? export the tex file once i have it loaded in the tex editor? do i have to bring up the wad work shop too? then where do i extract it too?

detailed step by step guide please!!!! :)

Post Edited (06-20-03 10:01)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: June 20, 2003 09:17AM
Posted by: Morbid
Working with Gp4master.

1) Create a temporary folder.

2) Launch Gp4master and extract cars.wad to that temp folder.

3) Look at the directory structure for cars.wad and note where you new files should be placed (eg, carshape files can be seen to be in Cars\ , so new car files will go there)

4) prepare your new files. Most of them will be tex files. If you have tga, load them into say csc4 and save as tex. Save them somewhere handy.

5) Copy your new files into the unwadded cars.wad in your temp folder, overwriting files as you go. Remember where you determined they should be placed (3)

6) Go into Gp4master again and select create wad. Tell it the folder, with full path, to make a new wad from. That will be the temp folder created in (1). Do not call you new wad cars.wad!! Gp4master places the new wad the most bizarre places and you might do damage if the new wad has a filename in use, as it overwrites without prompting you. Call it newcars.wad or something.

7) Rename your old cars.wad to a backup-filename.

8) Search for your "newcars.wad", or whatever you called it. Once found rename to cars.wad and place in your Gp4 folder.

9) All done.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy