does anyone know........

Posted by BorgDroneX 
does anyone know........
Date: June 18, 2003 05:03PM
Posted by: BorgDroneX
if the GP4 2003 superpatch posted on GPx.it is using the official update patch 9.6 coz i dont think it is cos GPxPatch says gp4.exe ver 1.00

if not and i run the patch willl that **** up settings set by the super patch?????

RESISTANCE IS NOT FUTILE
Re: does anyone know........
Date: June 18, 2003 07:28PM
Posted by: dave
I dont know for a fact but I'm almost positive its for the original non patched game.

Sort of defeats the point of replying really.

Date: June 18, 2003 09:02PM
Posted by: Morbid
I seem to remember a thread where a dude told that he reverted to a v1.00 exe by using the superpatch.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 18, 2003 09:28PM
Posted by: LarryM
I am sorry to confirm that the megapatch is a version 1.00. I no longer touch the thing. I understand that one needs to use the 1.00 exe for some editors. I do not understand why all of that work has been let go to waste. The original is full of bugs and I have no use for it. I have built my own gp4 2003 with the help of thia site and the aid of forum members. The end result is better... and ultimately it's more fun (and educational) to do it yourself.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: June 19, 2003 12:46AM
Posted by: b-tone
I downloaded the so called 'megapatch' but never used it. What problem does it being 1.00 pose?
cant you just tak the bits you like and ignore the rest?
i never use the easy install programms, as i prefer to do it manually, so surely you have another option than just dbl clicking it and installing it over your old game?

____
Tony

Date: June 19, 2003 02:55AM
Posted by: Timzaghi
I have it overhere, no problems at all, I change a few cars and stuff, but I don't have any bugs yet?

Date: June 19, 2003 10:41AM
Posted by: Alex13
This is not a MegaPatch. It's megaCrap.
It's only worth downloading for the new menu vids.
I recommend that you make your own menu videos. I have, and they look sooooo much better than their menu videos

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: June 19, 2003 11:49AM
if i get a chance, i might try some menu vids.
can we have a look at yours Alex?

____
Tony

Date: June 19, 2003 12:05PM
I'm only at 64k. And my videos r very big... :( :(

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: June 19, 2003 12:15PM
Posted by: Madman271
Well, it's not a good idea to use big movie for menus, except if we want to use it for watch a movie from menus. :)

Perhaps you can cut it into around 1mb per each movie menu and posted in any GP4 download sites. It's worth to share and all credits goes to Alex13. :)

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: June 19, 2003 12:19PM
My vids r quite bigger.....

Date: June 19, 2003 12:28PM
Posted by: BorgDroneX
cheers guys, well i can confirm myself that the superpatch is using the original version 1.00

i have installed the offical patch and the no cd patch and it has @#$%& up things in the game, im now in the process of trying to correct mistakes and has b-tone said im adding bits here amd removing bits there to suit my own tastes.............

RESISTANCE IS NOT FUTILE
Date: June 19, 2003 01:29PM
the megapatch background videos look like a good idea, but i dont theink they are done too well there.
one day i'll try making a super slomo one that doesnt have the tv graphics, and leavees the top/bottom black.
theres lots of old video files for download, so maybe i'll try one of those.
the original (spinning wheels etc) aren't too bad, and the megapatch (and gleen parks' menu pics to some extent) are too fast, and compete with the menus too much in some cases.

but thats only

____
Tony

Date: June 20, 2003 04:36AM
Posted by: shutt1e
in the megapatch 2003 the exe is v1.00, there is no reason behind this choose, and the patched 9.6 exe will be available soon.

the .exe has been patched in the teams order only, if you have an hexeditor you can easy patch the 9.6 exe too

open the .exe with an exeditor, find into it the list of teams and write down it
then open the 9.6 exe (or a copy of it) and write the same values into.

if you like it, save cam views from the old exe than apply it on the new.
thats all.

and a side note, i know that cars inside megapatch are not all the best available, but for release it to the public we need the authorization from the authors, and we dont put any cars for which the authorization was negate.
this for authors respect.
someone in this forum seems not to have the same respect for the job of the others.

byez
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy