z_cockpit_visor object

Posted by shutt1e 
z_cockpit_visor object
Date: June 17, 2003 04:57PM
Posted by: shutt1e
hello, i've read some posts about simulating trasparency using the z_cockpit_visor object associated to one car part.
it works, when i see my car very close (using lod_0 i suppose) it has some trasparency but when the distance grow or i view another car with the external cam my transparent glass it is replaced by a texture (the same i used to map glasses on zmodeler).
i tried to leave the z_cockpit visor object in the others lods but it seem it just ignored.
is there any other method i can use to simulate trasparency?
i need it for a not f1 cars cars.wad and i need only external views transparency.
Re: z_cockpit_visor object
Date: June 17, 2003 05:19PM
Posted by: Ellis
yeah, the z_cockpit_visor layer is high LOD only, another reason why our GT cars have solid windows

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 17, 2003 05:58PM
Posted by: andrew_S
its not high lod only if you rename your high lod car to the other lods :)

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: June 18, 2003 01:15AM
Posted by: Madman271
nice trick. :)

Ellis, welcome back home.
Why should went to LeMans if last GP is in Canada. :)

ch88rs,
madman
Date: June 18, 2003 02:59AM
Posted by: shutt1e
are you sure andrew_s?

it seem that object with z_cockpit_* name was ignored by gp4 engine for lod 1/2/3/4
i have all glasses on my car mapped on z_cockpit_visor, the only thing i found that works is remove that z_* obects from all other lods so my cars in distance are without glasses at all. i like this more than having textured glasses, details into the cockpit are visible like helmets.rollbars etc...
if you leave the z_cockpit_visor object in lod greater than 0 it lost it's charateristics and become a normal texture.
Date: June 18, 2003 03:19AM
Posted by: nicol@cciarri
Paolo
La soluzione che hai adottato mi sembra la più logica.
Al limite, dovresti rimappare il z_visor con un colore molto chiaro, ed unirlo ( union) al cockpit, per i livelli lod che non siano 0; altrimenti...dovresti avere tutti i lod mappati con colore, ma toglieresti l'effetto trasparente che fa vedere l'interno.
Come vanno le 147?

nicol@cciarri
Date: June 18, 2003 05:09AM
Posted by: andrew_S
if you leave the z_cockpit_visor object in lod greater than 0 it lost it's charateristics and become a normal texture.

ive never noticed this and ive used that object on several cars

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: June 18, 2003 06:31AM
thank you madman :)

Has jon contacted you and Lo2k consering our project?

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 18, 2003 07:05AM
to Ellis:
Yep. :)
I currently working on DX porting, while Jon in OGL. Because the physic engine is using separated codes, we should build them from the scratch.

ch88rs,
Madman
Date: June 18, 2003 07:16AM
ok, well we have a new modeler to help us - Duffer, the 94 Benetteon Maker, we will need him as the project has now grown alot

Date: June 18, 2003 08:04AM
Posted by: tux
madman, what dx sdk u using? the jedi one?

Date: June 18, 2003 12:48PM
Yes. I currently using for DX8 (latest translation is for DX9). For d3d engine I translated myself to work better with TForm class.

ch88rs,
Madman
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy