Montreal 2003 by Ricardo

Posted by JackieStewart 
Montreal 2003 by Ricardo
Date: June 17, 2003 01:30PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Two things here,
1. does it take everyone else an eternity to download this. It's coming in about 2 or 3kb's per sec!
2. I've tried THREE times to download this now (taking a total of about 4 hours in total time) only to be presented by an error each time I open the Winzip file!
Anyone else got these issues, or is it just me!!!
Jackie

....................I quite like this now.
Re: Montreal 2003 by Ricardo
Date: June 17, 2003 01:34PM
Posted by: rikkardo
Nope,it's not just you, the montreal 2003 file won't work for me nither.
Date: June 17, 2003 01:44PM
Well I won't bother trying to download the bugger again! Thanks for re-affirming my sanity Rikkardo. If R Lampert is reading this, any chance you can tell us what's going on? cheers Dude.

Date: June 17, 2003 02:02PM
Posted by: rikkardo
no worrys. I can say though that the download for the 2003 montreal version with the gp4 pit order from the 2001 season is allright to download.
use this url to download it

[www.grandprixgames.org]

Post Edited (06-17-03 21:17)
Date: June 17, 2003 02:19PM
Posted by: Alex13
yup. i downloaded the file with the original Gp4 oder and had no probs. Try to open the zip file using WinRar. That helped me a few times when I had this problem

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: June 17, 2003 03:35PM
Posted by: Chunter
i got it as well..however not from this site..think it was from gp4 italia but i have had problems downloading his tracks from here before

Date: June 17, 2003 03:38PM
Posted by: GP4 Junk
i wrote Ricardo about this...he admit there was a crc error in the self-extractor,..he fixed the bug and it's up again for download

his answer:
Hi Ruud,

Thanks for advice me about this problem.
Really the self-extractor was with CRC error.
I corrected the file Montreal 2003 v1.0b. Now it's OK !!!
Make download now from my page (not from grandprixgames.org) and please mail me back saying if you get open the file.

I invite you to sign my guestbook. Just go to my page and click in "guestbook" in the main menu. Thanks. ;^)

Ricardo Lampert

e-mail: ric_lampert@hotmail.com

home-page: [ricardolampert.drivingitalia.net]

"Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me. It's part of my life". Ayrton Senna

I tried it..still very slow on the download but it's OK now

Rudy
Date: June 17, 2003 03:53PM
Posted by: captainvik
I always find it very slow to d/l his track updates...

Why do we have to d/l the whole track ?

Can't the advertising and other texture updates be offered in a manual or self installing file much like the car updates ?

That would be much better than downloading complete tracks containing 90% or thereabouts of the data we already have.

Just a thought but seems obvious.

cheers
vik

P4 2.85gig Albatron mobo 512mb Corsair3200LL Ram 19"Auriga Mon. SBLive! + 4point surround spkrs. Thrustmaster F1 FF Wheel. Radeon9500pro Cat3.4 drivers. GP4 55fps 1024*768 - No VideoWalls/HeatHaze - Mirrors On.
Date: June 17, 2003 06:06PM
Captainvik,
Behave. I've been downloading Ricardo's stuff since year dot and this is the first time I've ever had a complaint or issue. Perfect renerations of the tracks and without competition. There's many people out there doing cars, helmets, etc and they're work is valuable too but there's only one Ricardo. If you've got an issue with any work thats posted on the web, get a handle on the options available before commenting.
Oh, and thanks Ruud for the feedback.

Date: June 17, 2003 06:24PM
Posted by: GP4 Junk
> Oh, and thanks Ruud for the feedback.
>

YW! :)
Date: June 17, 2003 11:47PM
Posted by: mickg
I concur with you wholeheartedly JackieStewart.

P4 3.2ghz/800mhzFSB; XFX 7800GS; 2Gig PC3200(400mhz) DDR; Seagate SATA 10krpm HD x2 ;SB AudigyLS .

AYRTON SENNA: F1's Undying Legend.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy