requesting better framerate...

Posted by Atomik 
requesting better framerate...
Date: June 17, 2003 10:16AM
Posted by: Atomik
Hey guys,

I was wondering, everybody always talks about the framerate in GP4, and how most of you are able to reach 30 or more fps. That makes me more and more frustrated because I'm unable to reach more than 18 !!! I really tried everything (turning off the details, turning off 3d sounds, automatic calibration, manual calibration, ...), but nothing seemed to improve anything. I was wondering if anyone has a decent f1graphics.cfg file (or whatever it is called, don't remember the exact name) that can improve frame rate a lot on following system:

AMD Athlon 1.3 GHz
256 RAM
ATI Radeon 8500 128 MB
Creative Sound Blaster Pro

I know that the GPx graphics engine is mostly based on processor speed, but you can't be serious if you tell me that I cannot go in the mid 20's of framerate with this system ??

So anyone with a good graphics config file for me.... feel free to mail it at atomik@mine.be.

Thank you in advance

"You know I couldn't go more on the inside, I was actually on the grass so ... I don't know, either Michael had his eyes closed or somehow his hands slid on the steering or something..." - Jacques Villeneuve, Jerez 1997, Post-Race Press Conference
Re: requesting better framerate...
Date: June 17, 2003 10:18AM
Posted by: Covfan
What Resolution are you running?
Date: June 17, 2003 10:21AM
I tried on 800x600 and on 1024x760, and it doesn't seem to make any difference in frame rate (it even looked like 1024x760 was a bit faster, as weird as it may sound...)
Date: June 17, 2003 10:21AM
Posted by: Alex13
I think your problem is your CPU.

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: June 17, 2003 10:58AM
Posted by: fcarmoracing
I have an AMD 1200mhz, 64mbram, Vodoo 3d 16mb.... and still I ran on 22fps....

on the graphics setup it says "18 fps recomended", but i donĀ“t care, and I think you should do the same, go on manually, and change the fps to whatever you like....

You could be sponsoring me
Date: June 17, 2003 11:05AM
Posted by: fongu
have a quick look in the gp4.gamer.nl forum..... they have a topic there at the moment about graphics files, even tho its in dutch ( i think) and i cant read it.... but theres a few downloads so try there. If ya getting really desperate then i'll send you mine, i get early 20s with a 800mhz processor.
Date: June 17, 2003 12:24PM
Posted by: ferrariace
If you haven't already turn the sound hardware acceleration down a couple of notches.Right now I'm down to 20fps from 26fps since I installed a 2003 carset,this is with a tweaked tweaked graphics file.
Date: June 17, 2003 12:45PM
Posted by: jawwad01
wait i have a solution
I used to get 18 fps , i tried this f1config.cfg

My graphics improved, My gameplay Improved, My game never Seems to Jerk or Refuse anything . This guy Has edited the f1config.cfg superbly.

I got this Link From ALEXs post here so , i should better be thankful to him as well, just passing you on.
after overwriting it with the original one forget the fps . Check the gameplay. Believe Me you're never gonna get better fps without a good 3d card but this Graphic file will definitley improve your game.

[homepage.ntlworld.com]

Important Backup your Original F1graphics.cfg which is located in your main gp4 folder and dont forget to edit this line to get reflections.

open your f1graphics.cfg file
you will find this:

0 ; [MAIN VIEW] Enable static environment reflections (0=>off 1=>on) v3

change that 0 into a 1

also to get better than this edit this config file but dont play with it.

It improved my game massively . I still get 18 fps from the game but the game is far more better now.

Date: June 17, 2003 01:08PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
thanks jawwad/alex will try :)

Date: June 17, 2003 01:29PM
Posted by: JohnW
I've got a

Athlon 1.0 Ghz ( 266 FSB ),
512Mb ram ( PC-133 ),
and a geForce 3Ti -200 video card with 64Mb ram.

I generally get in the low to mid 20s for frame rate. Playing with all the settings in the graphics screens never seem to have expected results. Tunr a few thigs off, the fps goes DOWN. Run the calibrate a few times and get varying results. Quite frustrating.

JohnW
Date: June 17, 2003 01:48PM
Posted by: jawwad01
why dont you try this f1graphics.cfg?

Date: June 17, 2003 02:52PM
Ok guys thanks for the reactions of you all. I'll try that config file of yours jawwad, although i cannot imagine how the game can improve if the frame rate still is 18 :-)

Oh and fongu, I speak dutch, I'm belgian :-))
Thanks anyway !

"You know I couldn't go more on the inside, I was actually on the grass so ... I don't know, either Michael had his eyes closed or somehow his hands slid on the steering or something..." - Jacques Villeneuve, Jerez 1997, Post-Race Press Conference
Date: June 17, 2003 03:59PM
Posted by: nameless
i was struggling getting more than 15fps out of a P4 1.5Ghz, 256 ram, geforce 2, bu then i found a great solution ......... i got a new computer and now get 31fps on high detail, great.

in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, in practice, there is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy