Steering Wheel

Posted by Aymen 
Steering Wheel
Date: March 05, 2018 04:53AM
Posted by: Aymen
Hello,

I recently bought a new steering wheel, the Thrustmaster TMX, and I would like to use it to play gp4.
But I do not know how to configure it correctly: I tried to calibrate it and parameterize it from the gp4 menu but it confuses the accelerator with the brake and when I try to drive nothing goes, the steering wheel does not even turn!
I think that GP4 is so old that it does not recognize this steering wheel.
So is there any solution to make it work perfectly? maybe even with force feedback?

Thanks a lot :-)
Re: Steering Wheel
Date: March 05, 2018 07:18AM
Posted by: mortal
Instead of trying to calibrate from the initial menu, create a custom wheel set and go from there. That might work for you. Also, brake and accel may be on the same axis, and not separate. There is a couple of wheel con files in my files. See my sig.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 05, 2018 06:23PM
Posted by: Aymen
Now the steering wheel seems to work, but the problem is the accelerator and the brake: both are in the same axis (y).
How to put the brake on the other axis, ie in the brake pedal? (how to separate them?)
Muchas gracias.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2018 06:24PM by Aymen.
Date: March 05, 2018 08:29PM
As I said, the brake and accel may be on the same axis. If that is the case, that is how it will work, it is a fault of your wheel that only sees two axis, and not three.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 10, 2018 02:25AM
Posted by: kimizhou007
Hello Moderator!
My steering wheel is the OSW direct drive steering wheel that can be used on this game ?
Date: March 10, 2018 03:42AM
I am not familiar with the OSW system, so I cannot say.

Date: March 10, 2018 12:37PM
No response to despair
Date: March 11, 2018 09:44AM
What about the X axis of the throttle and the axis of the X axle left right
Date: March 11, 2018 10:22AM
What is the position of wheel_g25.con
file in Grand Prix 4 Folders ?
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy