GPxPatch in Linux

Posted by doclawler 
GPxPatch in Linux
Date: February 23, 2018 02:14PM
Posted by: doclawler
Has anyone had any success getting GPxPatch set up and running in Linux? I've managed to get GP4 working almost flawlessly using Wine, but when I load GPxPatch, it says that it is unable to find GP4.exe. Alternatively, is there another way for me to edit individual performance file parameters?

Thanks
Re: GPxPatch in Linux
Date: February 26, 2018 04:09PM
Posted by: SDI
Did you install GPxPatch into the GP4 directory?

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
Date: February 26, 2018 06:50PM
Yes, it is installed in the same GP4 directory (within Wine). I'm not a Linux/Wine expert, so there may be issues with the trying to use one program to 'call' another one that is related to Linux/Wine. Is there any way other than GPxPatch to modify performance files?
Date: February 27, 2018 06:30PM
TeamEditor should be able to modify the executable with it.

Date: March 04, 2018 03:05AM
I was finally able to get GPxPatch working in Linux. I had been using the original GP4.exe from the CD, and apparently going to the decrypted file fixed the issue of GPxPatch not recognizing GP4. It's now working.

As an additional question, with 'Power and Grip Team Dependent', will that also make me as the player have a 'random' performance variable from the performance.txt file, just like the AI players?
Date: March 07, 2018 08:36PM
I think so, yes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy