FIA Grants Exclusive F1 License to Sony

Posted by nlauda 
Re: FIA Grants Exclusive F1 License to Sony
Date: June 18, 2003 02:53PM
Posted by: total_insanity
I don't know what people are fussing about?????

When all the gp series was released, they were all out of date anyway, when the first one F1GP was released back in 1992 for PC and Commodore Amiga, it was the 1991 season, GP2 was relieced in 1996 and it was the 1994 season, GP3 was relieced in 2000 and got the 1998 season. You can still get all the updates on the internet.

I still think the GP series is the best F1 games yet. I don't think no one can beat them for the PC.

But... what you cant do on the playstation 2 is update! If you want the latest season you have to buy the compleate game.
Date: June 18, 2003 03:14PM
Posted by: Alex13
What you can't have on a console is decent F1 sim. Simple aint it?

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: June 18, 2003 03:31PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Yeah vader the simple fact is however that most people buy the games because of the official f1 liscene because they dont know ubout updates and are only casual gamers/ dont trust downloads / dont have the net.

Sure its great for us but its not us that give the big companies like EA the profit its all the other "casual gamers" that go out and buy games because they are official as gifts or for a quick play. There is a far larger audience of these gamers than us unfortunately

Maybe we should wait for user made games ;)

Date: June 18, 2003 04:23PM
Posted by: Vader
Well, I see your point ChrisB. Only by the same argument you will turn every decent sim into an acrade type of thingy - only because the casual gamer wants fun and no "real" phyiscs.

Besides, how real is an official game if you cannot have the real liveries (tobacco, alcohol) anyway? Not that I like these adverts, but since they are there in real F1, a game that tries to recreate the season cannot be a 100% real without them.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 18, 2003 04:41PM
Posted by: Fieroboy
Vader would you be happy if the GP series were fantasy and you were not able to mod it? So you would be racing with Joe Miller in a Mark 1 car sponsored by Joe's carwash...lol
Date: June 18, 2003 09:42PM
Posted by: Fisico2k3
has anyone heard of an old amiga game called supercars?

funny stuff - nigel mainsail, mike shoemaker, nelson p.k. etc

i'll try to remember some more names
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy