Sauber WIP

Posted by bojan_tarticchio 
Re: Sauber WIP
Date: June 21, 2003 10:24AM
Posted by: F1Master
It looks like you have more work to do, Sauber has just had a major change. In last weeks Silverstone test both shape and livery changed and its got a Renault feel about it.

Also for Viper. BAR also seemed to have a little change. Their air intake above the drivers head changed shape for some unknown reason so maybe that will feature in BAR005 version3.

new version

old version
Date: June 21, 2003 10:41AM
Posted by: marcl
They are copying mclarens rear wing. BAR will have a new rear wing next race as well

Post Edited (06-21-03 17:43)

Date: June 21, 2003 01:11PM
Posted by: Didigp4
@F1Master : I don't think the wings will keep their black colours, I think I'v seen some older photographs from earlier tests and the "test-wings" were black. So I think they're black because they're only test-wings at the moemtn... if they use them in race the colour will be white again...But it seems that not only wings have changed... look at the air intake... compare this one :

to this one (at San Marino's GP)

Comparing photographs I've noticed that they use this new intake since Barcelona. And I think that Wai's shape is not exact on this part but it looks already wonderfull with Bojan's textures ;-)

See you

Didigp4
Date: June 22, 2003 02:26PM
Posted by: watercolours
i think viper and bojan the best texturers. i agree that there is no need to say beat it, beat that or tell which is better! to tell one is better is to discourage other! they both make very good works, we should thank them!
Date: June 22, 2003 10:22PM
Posted by: ViperF1
Yes..I noticed that new wing of sauber when last week i'm searching the latest renault rear wing pictures...I think the black is just for testing because there is special paintings on the wing that can show how air goes around the wing after some laps' testing...and I also found new rearwing layout and barage baords and front wing(appeares at canada) of ferrari.

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: June 24, 2003 02:35AM
Posted by: Räikkönen
I've just completely fallen in love with this car! Brilliant!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: June 24, 2003 02:41AM
the paint design of nose is very nice indeed.

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Date: June 24, 2003 10:41AM
Posted by: Alex13
release date?

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: June 24, 2003 11:13AM
Posted by: markko
that sauber looks as if the rear wing has been melted so it dips. This new fashion was discovered by Mclaren i believe. It must obvoiusly have something to do with optimum downforce and the air flow over the intake.

Date: June 24, 2003 11:26AM
Posted by: fongu
It's like the front wing saga. From my wannabe-aerdynamicist head, it tells me that the lower the wings are, the more effective they are. But the pre-2001, the optimum shape for the front wing was to have the middle as the high point. It's no surprise then the solution the new Mclaren and williams have got atm. Why its taken 2.5 years to get ti working i dont know, but we've seen how Renault have tried different bends in the wings, choosing the high mid-piont for the high-downforce monaco GP and vice versa for others. Still trying to get my head around aerdynamics, my lecturers at uni promise theres lots of maths involved, D'OH!
Date: June 24, 2003 11:58AM
Posted by: F1Master
You are probably right guys, that colour scheme is probably a testing version and the old blue will be back for the race.

This new fashion was discovered by Mclaren i believe

I think it was Renault who set the trend for this style of rear wing this year but I actually believe it was BAR some time ago that create the upward slope towards the endplates.

They say this wing style is better for aiding straight line speeds while still creating enough rear downforce. You just have to look at the teams doing it to know why they opt for this, both have engines quite less powerful than the BMW and Ferrari so they need to do this. Williams and Ferrari don't because they have the engines while wanting to keep the extra downforce that comes with straight wings.
Date: June 25, 2003 02:32PM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
OK, first ingame screenshot. Still much to do...

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: June 25, 2003 02:41PM
Posted by: b-tone
beautiful.

____
Tony

Date: June 25, 2003 02:43PM
Posted by: Ellis
I want it. Defiantly the best sauber i seen so far

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 25, 2003 04:59PM
Posted by: Abstraction
its looks ready to go, y delay it :(:(:(

i lub ur work

anyways, y did bar change air intake, does it change anything???

which is better, the circular air intake or the triangular one?

Andrew. Australia.
Date: June 25, 2003 05:09PM
Posted by: Ellis
The air intake will be better one shape than the other depeding on the rest of your car. different cars will work better with different air boxes.

The reason its delay is cos even if there is one tiny little bug people will come back and complain....not all, but u know sum will!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 26, 2003 01:30AM
@ Abstraction
Here's the list of things that have yet to be done ;-)

-all details on sidepods and engine cover
-exhausts
-some fancy shading effect dedicated to Viper :-P
-some final tunings and eventual updates
-mapping and ajustments for lower lods

Wai has to do ALL lower lods, and also some minor ajustments and updates on shape, if necessary.

So, it'll be ready somewhere in mid-end july.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: June 28, 2003 12:55PM
OK, the latest shot:

We're getting close now.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: June 28, 2003 01:01PM
Posted by: Stan
Date: June 28, 2003 01:52PM
i can't see any unfinished or bad part. so are you working on details? it's brilliant. will you begin mp4-18 after this?

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy