Renault R23 WIP

Posted by Ghostrider 
Re: Renault R23 WIP
Date: June 23, 2003 06:05PM
Posted by: Ghostrider
Ok guys hope we can release the car this week! Viper has a new WIP pic

Regards Andy
Carshape & Texture Design Project (www.ctdp.de.vu)
Date: June 23, 2003 06:19PM
Posted by: LS.
fantastic work guys ( all of you modders) GP4 is beginning to compete with F12002 in the updates

just need a few different mods for race series and tracks next :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: June 23, 2003 07:54PM
Posted by: Ellis
Can we have different car textures for each team car, if so I'd have one viper and one Bojan. Those cars look fantastic.

Yeah thats easy possible.

just need a few different mods for race series and tracks next

Except for tracks, the mods are getting there

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 24, 2003 12:41AM
Posted by: fongu
How can you have one of Bojans and one of Vipers/Ghostriders? Cant seem to get my head round the textures idea, wont they use the same textures unless Viper names them differently?
Date: June 24, 2003 02:09AM
Posted by: Räikkönen
It looks great, but I have to say, I still think Bojan Tarticchio's is better.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: June 24, 2003 02:32AM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
My new Canada and Monaco updates will have different texture names; I named them reanultbt_x, so I guess you can now more easily swap shapes, or whatever you want to do with different textures.
I'm still not sure why do you need different names, except if you want to use my shape in arrows slot for your fantasy team, and still have Viper's Renault...? Is that it?

Post Edited (06-24-03 09:35)

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: June 24, 2003 03:35AM
Posted by: ViperF1
The texture of our car will be renault_#.tex
The car is nearly ready...just T-Cam and car numbers are missing..Ghostrider will do final tunning on wings and the car will be in Monaco layout(the layout of testing @ silverstone these days.)

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: June 24, 2003 03:58AM
Posted by: edd882
It looks great. But we can't really tell fully until it's been released :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Do you see Darrell Waltrip using up his tyres?
Date: June 24, 2003 04:23AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Just a little thingy

@Bojan - ur fuel flaps dont look proper
@viperf1 - nice fuel flaps

Date: June 24, 2003 04:47AM
How can you have one of Bojans and one of Vipers/Ghostriders? Cant seem to get my head round the textures idea, wont they use the same textures unless Viper names them differently?

You use one shape of each, therefore the different shapes will pick up the different textures

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 24, 2003 04:47AM

You use one shape of each, therefore the different shapes will pick up the different textures

Date: June 24, 2003 06:01AM
@ Steve Morse
Fuel flaps are fine, they just look strange from that angle.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: June 24, 2003 07:51AM
Posted by: b-tone
How can two texturers cooperate, every one with his own visions

i'm thinking more for the 3d modlers. -ie 'you do the ferrari 03, and i'll do the '84'

I'm still not sure why do you need different names

you don't need them, but it doesn't hurt, and would ensure no clashes.
1-would make a 'dream set' easy (lets say 22 champion winning cars 1980-2002 for example)
2-would be able to have 2 renaults in the same wad to compare.
3-easy to use bojans as renault and ctdp as fantasy or whatever.
4-it would also leave your 'mark' on the files. (Ren03-bt_1.tex looks more pro than benetton_1.tex)

it can all be solved with a hexed but its usually the people who cant hex that have problems.

i think my wad might be slightly in favour of bojan's textures, but one problem - the renault looks a bit dark compared to the other cars.

____
Tony

Date: June 24, 2003 08:32AM
Posted by: Ghostrider

i'm thinking more for the 3d modlers
I already asked but Wai and Bojan are "exclusivly" make their shapes for the gp4.gamers.nl carset!

Regards Andy
Carshape & Texture Design Project (www.ctdp.de.vu)
Date: June 24, 2003 08:51AM
Acciarri and Schroeder are working together on shapes, so I think a cooperation between shapers is quite possible.
I'm not working "exclusivly" with anyone; I'm open to cooperation with anyone, from one car to another; I agreed to work on Minardi and Sauber with Wai, and those cars are exclusive for gamers.nl carset, but that's it for now.
Renault it's not exclusive for sure, and I'm sure both Schroeder and Nicola are very open to cooperations....

@ b-tone
"the renault looks a bit dark compared to the other cars."

You won't notice that effect when I finish all 2003 cars ;-)

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: June 24, 2003 11:20AM
Well at the moment ive got the old bojan renault as one of my fantasy cars, and the minardi as the other. But i tried using Wai's mclaren and Erwin/Guyons mclaren together and they shared the same textures that i had in my wad. They both used the mclaren_#.tex. So it never happened for me to have both so i had to settle for one of them. Suppose I could have one renault as one of my fantasy cars, but id miss it after the first lap! Is there a way of solving my mclaren thingy by changing the mapping of the textures? I have absolutely no idea how to map textures at the moment, hadnt had time, straight out of uni into a job to work off my debts :(
Date: June 24, 2003 02:51PM
Posted by: Alex13
When r u thinking to release the car?

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: June 24, 2003 05:57PM
it can all be solved with a hexed but its usually the people who cant hex that have problems.

Using Lo2ks livery editor is better than hex editor

Date: June 25, 2003 12:24AM
Posted by: ViperF1
The cars' ready, and much better than the previews.We will release both on GP4 and F1C.

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: June 25, 2003 12:57AM
@Ellis
Sorted..... downloaded livery editor and its fine. Thanks. Didnt know what it did before.

@Viper
Your site doesnt work, does that mean you're uploading it? That means I have to wait till i come home from work before i get to drive it :(.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy