Downsample or Undownsample??

Posted by ViperF1 
Downsample or Undownsample??
Date: June 15, 2003 10:22PM
Posted by: ViperF1
I would like to know whether you want to use Undownsampled textures in 1024x1024 or downsampled ones?Undownsampled ones increase the size of WAD quickly but doesn't take to much effects to loading..and when you changed the graphics settings , you must restart the GP4 or the texture will be mapped in wrong way...however , it can bring you better quality of samples of far objects...Downsampled ones not...

And do you think it's worth saving 512x512 format textures in my cars?I think it's not necessary...but I want to know your opinion.

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Re: Downsample or Undownsample??
Date: June 16, 2003 03:13AM
Posted by: tux
i would say offer 2 variations for download.

a high quality (1024*768) texture with all the lods and the lower 512*512 texture with low res lods

and a normal quality. 512*512 texture with all the lods and 256*256 texture and load res lods (think about the low res ppl!!! theres lots of them ;))

Re: Downsample or Undownsample??
Date: June 16, 2003 03:17AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

I cant use your cars viper because they slow me down. once i changed
your 2003-ga to 512x512 for all tga's and it gave me alot of frames, aswell
as loading time... it takes 3 mins or so to load gp4 for me with a full 2003
carset going...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy