Problem with ZModeler v1.07b - white or black shape after loading textures

Posted by TGF1Driver2 
Hello guys, you can see my problem in the heading. I remember asking for the same issue quite some time ago, but unfortunately I can't find the older post anymore, that's why I decided to make a new one. Help me please, thanks.

TGF1DRIVER
Enter the entry "zmodeler" in the search function that offers this forum when you want to find a very dated topic. I use it very often and it is also fast.
1 - Did you check into material editor (Zmodeler) that your textures names are well assigned? ( Example: if you are using a hi_ferrari1.tex , name into material editor should be ferrari1.tga . You have to load each texture into material editor before to export your model into .gp4 format)

2 - Check that your mapping for each material (texture) is correctly set into the UVMapping square: Select your model into object mode, click on Faces mode (then Select/ None/ right-click into the window). Then, Select/ by material/ choose one of your material assigned and choose Surface/ mapping/ Assign UV (SEL option must be activated), left-click on one of your selected faces in red. Finally, select UVMapper as a view on your main window. You should see the UVMapping of your selected texture. Be sure that your whole mapping is into the UVMapping square.
Check this for each texture.
You have also to check this for each lods if you are using lower lods. Remember that it is better to make lower lods after checking that your main lod is correctly mapped.

3 - Be sure that your tga files are converted into tex like this: Image format: DXT5; transparency type: Full; Number of mipmaps= 4; Flip; Prefix= hi

If the problem still occurs when 1,2 and 3 are correct, check graphics options in game and put textures on Hi.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lacrowe schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Enter the entry "zmodeler" in the search function
> that offers this forum when you want to find a
> very dated topic. I use it very often and it is
> also fast.

That's what I did, but the older post is simply gone.

@Excalibur: Well, I think it was some setting with UV mapping, but I can't find it anymore.
Now something has changed: When I'm loading a texture it works for the first time, loading it for the second time the shape turns into complete white. Loading it for the third time the texture is there properly, loading it for the fourth time it is white again and so on. Please trust me, this is NOT a joke! This is a real problem occurs to me when using ZModeler. And another strange issue: When I try to load another texture then the old one stays on the shape and it gives me "Your computer is low on memory.", but it shouldn't, because it worked fine when there was much less memory on my pc then nowadays. So there should be a heavy wrong setting somewhere in ZModeler, even a new installation was not the solution for these problems. I hope you have any ideas, and please tell me EXACTLY what I have to do and where I have to click, because my knowledge about ZModeler is still very bad after nearly a year without working with it. I thank you very much.

Now it's not possible anymore to load a texture. The shape just gets black or white or both together. The error message concerning low memory is gone right now. Anyway it's not possible anymore to work on a new car. Nasty crap! :-( (N)

Now I spent the last 6 hours like this: Opening ZModeler, loading the shape (takes about 35 seconds each time), loading the texture, looking at it, closing ZModeler. Then opening ZModeler, angry waiting for 35 seconds, loading the texture, looking at it, closing ZModeler and so on. This was very disturbing! And that just because of a nasty bug in ZModeler! I hope for a soon release of version 1.08 or 1.07c or something like that. This will probably be the last cars I will ever do for my private mods, and I thought it would take me a week of work, but with this ZModeler bug I will need at least two weeks! :( (N)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2017 02:37AM by TGF1Driver2.
Zmodeler came out in version 3 and I do not think anyone can improve the old version 1.07b
The time to load a car varies according to the number of polygons that have that car
The lack of memory is derived from the complexity of the car, not from the real memory of the PC
Zmodeler 2 is more practical and functional than the previous version, but without running .gp4 you can have some extra work
, using the old Zmodeler you could divide the car into various parts, so the software works best and maybe you do not have memory problems
I am using Zmodeler 1.07 since a lot of years , on different computers running with different OS, have loaded a very large panel of files regarding polycount and/or textures and never got this strange issue...
So I would not say so quickly that the problem comes from Zmod.....
Do you get this stange behavior with a specific car or with all the shapes you try to load into Zmod?
And why do you close Zmod each time?

Well, I forgot to say that it's only with one specific shape with 3 textures (named 1, 3 and glass). Today it works when reloading one texture each time, but when I'm loading the second texture the car turns into completely white or black. When reloading it again nothing changes, except it turns from black to white or the other way round. The texture work perfectly when I close ZModeler, open it again and reload the shape. It's simply not possible to load more than one texture at the same time anymore.
Here´s the post where you had the same problem and fixed it by "Selecting RGB Emulation Mode" in device menu, maybe it´s the same you are experiencing now, try if fixes it again: ZMODELER BUG! Car is completely white or black
Oh, yes! I forgot to tell you about this, first. Thank you for your search and find, Foreverk. (Y) I hope that it will help TGF1Driver!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy