problem with camedit 5.4

Posted by Caelen 
Re: problem with camedit 5.4
Date: June 19, 2003 11:47AM
Posted by: Madman271
I try your latest CamEditor in Win9x and WinME and it's fine. I try changing any values in graphics driver properties and nothing happens (I mean, your CamEditor works perfect.) :)

I dunno in WinXP 'coz I'm not using it. I'm using OpenGL from the standard installation (mean I never updated with any OpenGL update drivers).

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: June 19, 2003 01:08PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Glad it works perfectly under XP and under some Win9x configuration too, but that's not the case for all win9x users, badly...I strongly suggest them to download the opengl driver and put all the files in their system folder.
It's really worth the download (and the upgrade :) )

Date: June 19, 2003 01:15PM
Posted by: F1Master
I can't even launch cam editor, none of them.

I have 5.6 downloaded, unzipped it and had it in the unzipped folder. Clicked on the camed icon to launch it and the illegal operation sign pops up.

Then it says Exeption EAccessViolation dans le module CAMEDITOR 5.6.EXE dans 0000488C
Violation d'access a l'adresse 0040488C dans le module CAMEDITOR

etc etc.

Whats wrong with it?
Date: June 19, 2003 01:30PM
Posted by: Morbid
The driver download fixed my problem. Cheers!

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 20, 2003 04:42AM
To Morbid: Great ! :)

To F1Master:
Do you use a decrypted exe ?
Are some of other GP4 editors you downloaded not working too ?
Is there a long time you installed your OS ?...

Date: June 20, 2003 06:00AM
Posted by: ricky
Same problem here. CamEditor fails when starting the application. I use Win98, and all other editors work perfectly. I tried updating anything but nothing happens. It would be better if in next version you'll add a little description to the error messages (error handling is not as terrible with Delphi), so problems could be sorted out easier.

Maybe this could help you: I remember I have had that problems with an early version of the GP4 3D Editor from you, Lo2k, too! Version must be older than 1.4, because that one worked fine here. What have you changed there?

Cheers

ricky
Date: June 20, 2003 06:13AM
Ok, maybe this might help you.

I don't know if you are able to understand assembling code, but if not, maybe Madman can help.

I'll made a screenshot when the error occured in CamEditor 5.1 (and this error also appears when starting CamEditor 5.6 or any other versions of CamEditor):

Cheers

Ricky
Date: June 20, 2003 08:20AM
Just one question Ricky : What's your graphical card ?

Else i hope Madman can see clearer than me because such debug list doesn't mean anything for me, sorry...

Date: June 20, 2003 08:36AM
Well, int 3 does mean nothing except it does call to debugger breakpoint (in normal execution, simply terminated). I need to know the previous call before reach this entry point. I mean, which code was make a jump into that int 3.

Date: June 20, 2003 09:37AM
Graphic card is Geforce2 MX. Could be the reason.

What do you need to have a better look into it, Madman?

Ricky
Date: June 20, 2003 09:52AM
To find an exact location for code who causing jump to this int 3 is a long steps. But for the best bet, try to find this following codes before the int 3 (current breakpoint on your screenshoot):

push ebp
mov ebp, esp

This is the beginning of a routine. Move selection into 'mov ebp' code and give a breakpoint on that position (refer to your debugger about how to place a breakpoint). Then re-execute the cameditor. If this is impossible, make note to the current selection's location address (the'mov ebp' was) then reload (or reset) cameditor from your debugger. Make normal execution until debugger stop on the breakpoint you was made. Now use single-step or trace function (refer to your debugger how to do this) until you reach the 'int 3' as shown on your screenshoots.

Complicated. Well, please do not try it at home boys. :)

Date: June 20, 2003 01:40PM
I use win98SE and have a Nvidia TNT2 Pro.

All other editor wrok except cam editor and GP4 Tweaker.

I have never had a problem with this game either, even before it was patched so I can't see whats up.

Do you use a decrypted exe?

I don't know what you mean, I haven't intenionally decrypted anything as I wouldn't know how.....

If that helps.
Date: June 20, 2003 01:45PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
No, Decrypted exe file is the special file made so that most editing programs can access file. You have to have this file so that GP4 Tweaker, Cam Editor etc. . . works properly. You can download it from here.

Ian

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: June 20, 2003 01:53PM
Oh I didn't know.

Whats it called?
Date: June 20, 2003 01:59PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Decrypted EXE - NoCD-Patch

or

GP4 (1.02 Patched) Decrypted No-CD Patch

Depending on which version you have, its in the 'Patches' part

Ian

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy