problem with camedit 5.4

Posted by Caelen 
Re: problem with camedit 5.4
Date: June 15, 2003 02:15PM
Posted by: captainvik
Hi

thanks for the suggestion but I am using the latest Catalyst 3.4 drivers on my Radeon9500Pro on my P4 win98se system.

The error was also there on my P3 win98se system with both my GF2mx and GF4mx and GF4ti4200 cards all running latest drivers...

... so maybe Lo2k is correct about win98 being the cause ?

anyway I dont ever intend getting XP as win98 works so much better with all my games and the other software I have....

so I guess I just have to live with faulty camera edits... :(

thx anywayz
cheers
vik
Date: June 15, 2003 02:40PM
Posted by: tux
tryed testing on ure gf cards with the new drivers?

coz im running up to date drivers in xp/me/98 and everything is fine :)

Date: June 16, 2003 04:55AM
Posted by: montoyarob
oh dear!? this is with the new 5.6 ? it happens when i load it up!

Post Edited (06-16-03 12:36)
Date: June 16, 2003 12:06PM
Posted by: Lo2k
1600*1200 pics wasn't necessary...

did you have the same effect with past cameditor versions ?
else i strongly suggest you to try again replacing your cars.wad by the original one to see if it is better...
Else, what happens in your game, do you have usual tyres and helmet at the right places ?

Date: June 17, 2003 04:48AM
Posted by: Fieroboy
I get no error mes when I load cam ed but 70% of the car is missing in the 3d view, also when I import say...arm colors the car looks like the 3d view in the game. Thankfully I got a backup of the .exe lol. I'm using a TI-4200 with relatively recent drv's and still got my trusty Win98SE.
Date: June 17, 2003 05:14AM
Posted by: Caelen
just tried ver 5.6 no probs here at all, thanks for the quick bug fix.
Date: June 17, 2003 05:56AM
"I get no error mes when I load cam ed but 70% of the car is missing in the 3d view, also when I import say...arm colors the car looks like the 3d view in the game. Thankfully I got a backup of the .exe lol. I'm using a TI-4200 with relatively recent drv's and still got my trusty Win98SE."

if 70% of the car is missing then i would say its a driver isue. try turn off things like antianalising and anastrophyic filtering (if you can understand my spelling mistakes ;))

Date: June 17, 2003 06:49AM
Posted by: Madman271
"try turn off things like antianalising and anastrophyic filtering (if you can understand my spelling mistakes"

Lo2k can considered to disable those settings prior OpenGL rendering preparation. By the way, it should read antialiasing and anisotropic filtering.

dUmAsS, you're not drunk, are you? :)

ch88rs,
Madman

---
"I hate this life, this reality, this... zoo." - Agent Smith
Date: June 17, 2003 06:59AM
"dUmAsS, you're not drunk, are you?"

hehe, at 1pm? most likely ;)

Date: June 17, 2003 09:13AM
I also have GFTi4200 and it works perfectly under XP (with or without anti-aliasing) and i also tested under w98 and apart the wglmakecurrentfailed problem (appearing after clicking on the default all button) that i just fixed in a yet non-released version, everything ran fine.

I never tried anisotropic filtering but it might work too...

But never ever get half rendered car, is it a customized car ? Which one ?

Date: June 17, 2003 10:18AM
Posted by: Morbid
I also get the wglmakecurrentfailed problem. I can enter any value I want without any problems, But I get the error when I manually import something, but not when the program auto-imports on launch.

I had this problem with Cameditor 5.0 and also have it with 5.6. I have an Ati Radeon 9700 pro, and have used both Catalyst 3.2 and 3.4 (newest). I am on a WinMe system.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 17, 2003 10:20AM
Posted by: Alex13
wow, that 9700 pro must have cost you lotta money....

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: June 17, 2003 11:47AM
It has nothing to do with the graphical card, morbid, it's a win98 weak.

I will have a look for the manual import error event.

Date: June 17, 2003 12:52PM
Posted by: Morbid
Well it must be a Win9x weakness since I am getting it on a WinMe system. I take it then that no amount of driver changes and tweaks can cure this?

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 17, 2003 01:20PM
Exactly, changing your driver won't help. It would only help if as Fieroboy you have some graphical glitches, but with the wglmakecurrentfailed error, it will not solve the matter.
Anyhow i will build another (again) version solving those w9x bugs : /

Date: June 18, 2003 08:28AM
I made some tests with my friend Duffer and it seems that some wglmakecurrentfailed error and also slow down problems under Win9x can be solve upgrading opengl drivers.
File is 484Kb but seems to work really nice.
Different opengl drivers could explain why it work fine under XP and not so well under win9x.

Here is the link:
[download.microsoft.com]

Date: June 18, 2003 08:58AM
strange, mabey in win xp opengl is controled by gfx card drivers mine are :s

Date: June 19, 2003 01:20AM
Posted by: Huddo
Can anyone help, I've loaded in the cameditor (latest version) when I run it it starts up and after a few seconds displays the Microsoft error window wanting to know if i want to send or not send the error. When I go into the details it just lists a load of stuff that I dont understand, lots of numbers etc.

The editor will not start up, I have the official patched version with GPX patch 3.4.

Any thoughts, thanks.

Huddo
Date: June 19, 2003 09:06AM
Posted by: Madman271
To Lo2k
Try to localize to any suspected routines (likely to GL access routines called in your CamEditor project).

Try like this (sorry I'm nor familiar with GL routines)

-- code ---
function MyGLRoutines();
begin
:
try
glSomething();
:
except
{$IFDEF DEBUG}
MessageBox(0, 'Exception in MyGLRoutine()', 'Error', MB_OK);
{$ENDIF}
end; // try
end; // function
--- code ---

If you need brief descriptions to debug output, you may access ExceptObject class and/or ExceptAddr pointer in SysUtils unit.

ch88rs,
Madman
Date: June 19, 2003 11:29AM
Thanks Madman,

I will try that but it seems that the opengl driver update can also solve any opengl error and even better, it really speeds up the opengl framerate and carshape loadings (under Cameditor).

To Huddo: What OS are you using ? And what error message does it show you ?

Post Edited (06-19-03 18:31)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy