Problem with extracting wad of a track

Posted by TGF1Driver2 
Problem with extracting wad of a track
Date: August 08, 2017 12:52AM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
Hello guys,

TGF1DRIVER is back with another weird problem. When I'm extracting the wad of Valencia 2008 (indianapolis.wad, 37 MB) the extracted files folder has only a size of 19 MB. How could that be? Then I'm renaming the nine files inside to melborne2001.gp4 for example to get the track ready for slot 1. Unfortunately when I'm creating the melborne2001.wad of Valencia its size is only 19 MB as well and there are the graphics of the original 2001 Indianapolis track in it. It seems to me that GP4 or WadUpdater is deleting all textures which are not originally GP4, but why, how and for what reason it does this? I don't know if it's a problem with WadUpdater, I tried versions 4.2 and 3.4 and both times the same problem.

At this place another even weirder error: Some time ago, I moved Kleine Nordschleife to slot 1, the wads of slot 9 (where Kleine Nordschleife usually is) and slot 1 have both equal size and it worked without any problem. The textures where still there yesterday, Kleine Nordschleife in slot 1, everything fine. Today, I started a race and suddenly there was the track graphics of original Nürburgring 2001 in slot 1 without I changed anything! :-O I haven't made any single change to the f***ing wad-file since yesterday so for some reason it changed itself! :-( What the hell is going on with my GP4? Demons? Technic-Devil? I don't know! Help me, that weird problems just make me crazy! :(hot
Re: Problem with extracting wad of a track
Date: August 08, 2017 07:25PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Use EasyWad.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Re: Problem with extracting wad of a track
Date: August 09, 2017 03:47PM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
Yeah well ok, thanks, but that doesn't solve the cause of the problem. I'm really interested to find out what causes that weird mistake.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy