Changeable Weather

Posted by RHill 
Changeable Weather
Date: August 05, 2017 04:01PM
Posted by: RHill
Hi everyone,

When in a race where it starts to rain or is wet and then stops raining, I was wondering if there is a certain length of time for when the track gets wet or starts to show a drying line.

For example is it generally a few laps to dry line after no rain etc.

I sometimes find predicting if the track will change condition difficult.

Thanks!!
Re: Changeable Weather
Date: August 07, 2017 12:33AM
Posted by: Soutsen
The only way to set the weater for the race is use this method:
Look into GPxPatch - GPxSet - Sessions settings... - Weather Custom - "Record" (to learn a certain weater seed) and then run the game, proceed into a Quick Race session, learn what the weather is, close the game, and then you can select "Use" to use the very same weather conditions on other tracks. In this way you'll know the exact time when rain begins and stops for this certain weather seed. This is the only way to predict weather in some way.

Date: August 07, 2017 04:58PM
Can someone help me understand the values in magic data that refer to switching from wet tyres to dry or dry to wet for the ai?

For example if I needed to make the ai change to wets earlier what would I do with the value in magic data? Increase or decrease?

Thanks
Re: Changeable Weather
Date: August 09, 2017 12:29PM
Ok Ive done some reading and I know what the values do.

Can anyone share a good magic data value for 'helps decide if tyres need changing from wet to dry'. Basically the crossover value? I'm trying to get something that's quite quickly reactive.

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy