Hot Laps (2nd Thread)

Posted by Abstraction 
Re: Hot Laps (2nd Thread)
Date: June 13, 2003 04:55PM
Posted by: checha
1)Two wheels must stay on at least the curbing at all times.
2)No changes to the car or tracks from the stock ( like HP increases )
3)Which aides are allowed ? ( I drive without any turned on, but if TC is allowed, I might use it. )
4)Why do you require people use a specific performance file. Isn't the defualt one correct ?
5) Does it really matter if a person has theirs set to 2001 levels or all the same ?
6)What about weather ? If it rains at the real race, do you have a wet run for the next track ?

1= yeah we have that
2= no, we cant not change the hp
3=depend of how many aids are you using , you would get more or less points.
4= we can change the performance.. every year is different.. so we change every year or every race
5=we have to be in the same level.. isn´t fair if i race with 900 hp and you with 700 hp
6= we are allow to change the weather between 0 and 100%

it could be fun if we race in the rain

do you have Gp4?

Date: June 13, 2003 06:14PM
Posted by: JohnW
What I ment by question 5 was the settings on the screen, in GP4. You can have it set to "2001 Levels" for the various car performance, or set it to "Make all cars the same".

I still don't see the need for a "offical" perfomance file. If everyone is using the default, and unaltered settings from the game, why dictate a seperate file ? While the idea of being able to provide a different performance file for differing races is interesting, I don't see how anyone could know enough about the real F1 teams performance to determine what is accurate.

I'm guessing that requiring the perf file makes question # 5 rather moot.

JohnW
Date: June 13, 2003 08:19PM
Posted by: Tony
I start the game up - as instucted under the rules. I select my car (Jordan in my case), I race in quick laps - and thats it. All I've done is adjust the wings somewhat, nothing else. If everyone was to race at default levels IE: with EXACTLY the same settings, I would like that, because in this way we would all go the same speed down a straight, and have the same down/upforce round the corners etc. All the same for everyone. That's what I'd like to see.

Let the keyboard users (I'm one) specify that they use one, same too with steering wheel users. I don't think 1:12:2XX (at Montreal) will come from a keyboard user using default settings now - do you? - or even with a steering wheel. For a competition to be fair, all must start off as equal, and that is the rule for all competitions as well isn't it?. Do I only need 4 numbers to win a £Million on the lottery - and not 6?, would an "off-season" out of form Athlete, last favorite, beat a world-class 100 metre runner? - well, he might get close - that is, if he was taking steroids - or in other words his OWN set up - albeit a bodilly one......

Put schuey in a Minardi and see if he would win the world championship in this car. He'd do well, but tell me if he would win it. Tell me.

Tony

Post Edited (06-14-03 03:25)

With the ever increase in technology, the word "impossible" should be used with caution - if at all
Date: June 13, 2003 09:37PM
Posted by: fcarmoracing
guys are geeting angry here ah?

You could be sponsoring me
Date: June 14, 2003 12:26AM
I still think I must not be making myself clear....

The performance file, that is specified that people use, dictates the relative performance of each teams cars, with respect to eachother. By leaving GP4 in it's normal mode, this stays that way. That's what " Cars at 2001 levels " means. The car perform like they did in real life, for the 2001 season. What that means is every one picks the Ferrari, because they want the best performer. If a gamer sets their sim to " all equal " under race conditions, then it doesn't matter what car you select, they're all the same.

This has nothing to do with the default SETUP, or what changes you make to the car. That's all up to you. I'm not suggesting all the cars have the same wings and dampers and gears and.......

So, what is the required performance file for ? Couldn't we just all say we leave the default setting alone.

JohnW
Date: June 14, 2003 12:28AM
Posted by: b-tone
the perf file we use is downloadable from Korn_Freaks site.
but with car power team dependant turned off, then it doesnt matter does it?

____
Tony

Date: June 14, 2003 01:53AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

if you dont have the peformance file you cant have the power team
dependant unchecked (or checked) and it could go onto a different settings
from a 2003 carset of 2002 or the cart mod or touring car data wich would
probably be different than this.

Date: June 14, 2003 02:25AM
Posted by: Pooky
johnw,

before you come on here asking loads of questions please goto the hotlap website!!!!

will save yourself a lot of pointless questions.

Date: June 14, 2003 02:27AM

i agree powerhorse i mean my banner says it all :)

Date: June 14, 2003 05:01AM
Posted by: villej
I don't have 50 posts in this forum. What happens to me?

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: June 14, 2003 05:04AM
My setup sent to abstraction

Date: June 14, 2003 05:31AM
Posted by: MOTO X
i dont av 50 either

MCLAREN RULE!
Date: June 14, 2003 07:46AM
Posted by: kit-kat
just done a 114:213 after doing 33laps of trying:(

jim bob must have a turbo fitted!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUIT DREAMING THIS IS REAL LIFE BABY!!!
Date: June 14, 2003 07:55AM
Posted by: checha
turbo!!! nahhhhh..he has a jet!!

Date: June 14, 2003 08:35AM

moto_x

have u sent me your lap?

Ville....

post 8 more times!

Date: June 14, 2003 08:41AM
ok, i will try ;)

Post Edited (06-14-03 15:42)

Date: June 14, 2003 08:48AM
7more... just post 7in a row here... hehe

Oh yeah....

The website WONT be updated UNTIL monday morning after 8 am my time
(GMT+8) so dont expect any updates. ihave no time as i am working all
day tommorow and i am going to be incredibly tired... i wont even be able
to watch the f1 live! :( (as its on at 1 or so) so i will probably update the site after the F1 so the race isnt spoilt for me and so i get to watch it quicker there is alot of work to be done on the site... ie championship points and new laps etc

sorry about this guys, but IT WILL be done before the end of monday
that i promise....

Date: June 14, 2003 10:09AM
Powerhorse,

I've been to the site. Not all my questions were answered, so I posted here.

Nobody has been able to answer the perf file one. My guess is you want to insure what performance each car / team has, but why not just state a given setting in GP4 ? Are there some changes to the file that are not in the default GP4 file ? If so, WHY ? If not, why use it ?

No mention of weather was on the web site. So I asked that question.

The "two wheel" rule is not mentioned . Nor is any rule about driving technique.

I did find the line about driver aides, but I wanted to be sure if there were any that could not be used. Steering help for wheel users seems to be the only one. Right ?

The rules state a 12 (GMT) midnight deadline, but no day is mentioned. Is it the day of the race ? The day before ?

So, which of these questions were pointless ??

JohnW
Date: June 14, 2003 10:45AM
Posted by: fcarmoracing
OHHHHH MYYYYYYYYY..... this John guy askes to many questions!!!! LOL....

man, just use 855hp on your engine then it´s going to be inside the rules (perf file answer)....

if it doesn´t say anything about weather of course we are running on dry....

GMT time, ofcourse, time expires at 00:00 of Monday (GMT)!!!!

You could be sponsoring me

Post Edited (06-15-03 04:26)

Now you CAN sponsor me, click picture and know how
Date: June 14, 2003 01:02PM
Got it.

JohnW
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy