Player vs A1 performance

Posted by AustinF1 
Player vs A1 performance
Date: March 25, 2017 08:00PM
Posted by: AustinF1
I have constantly experimented with Teameditor, ZAZ track magic data, and GPxPatch to try and tweak my car performance vs the game's A1 cars. The mystery to me is how this differs from one track to the next. On some tracks, giving "myself" a 5% overall performance boost in Teameditor will cause me to run way too fast and run over the A1 cars while on others it makes no difference and I am way too slow. I like to adjust the settings so that I may win if I run a flawless race - no mistakes - but cannot or win not win if I do. My biggest success has been on the Valencia street circuit. On the 2008 Valencia version, I was competitive without doing anything. When I ran the 2012 Valencia version (a nice upgrade on trackside graphics), I was constantly 2-3 seconds off the pace regardless of the boost in Teameditor (which seems to not work on some tracks) until I adjusted the Magic data in Zaz Tools on that track, lowering the A1 settings slightly, resulting in my winning pole by just .2 which is perfect. Thinking I had solved this mystery for all tracks, I have since found a wide inconsistently from track to track. Any thoughts on this?
Re: Player vs A1 performance
Date: March 25, 2017 09:33PM
Posted by: huskyman49
I just made exactly the same experience hot
Meanwhile I'm steering the performance relations experimenting with the performance.text file - that means, I have different files for different tracks - it's a little time consuming but works for me...
Some example: [www.mediafire.com]

best wishes and have fun with this exciting game ;)
Karl
Date: March 26, 2017 01:31AM
Posted by: Soutsen
from what i understand it's the magic data different for every track is what causes this problem.

Date: March 26, 2017 01:43PM
Posted by: RHill
Yep you need to use a set of magic data for a whole season to get consistency in difficulty. I can recommend TomMK's magic data for all seasons...found at GP4 Central.com
Date: January 01, 2018 10:24PM
That file is missing on the GP4central.com site. Anywhere else this can be found?
Date: January 02, 2018 09:17AM
Posted by: Rot Teufel
Along with magic data, you should open the .g3p physis file with GP4 physis editor and change the actual values into those ones (the default ones):

with this you will be allowed to be again competitive since those values works only on you and not on AI. With this trick, i was able to be competitive again and not anymore in the middle of the grid driving at limit for a bad place.
The CoG Height is the only parameter that could be edited without penalties (default values is 245).

My workthread with all RELEASED and WIP stuff

Date: January 04, 2018 01:05PM
Are those files still available anywhere?
Date: January 04, 2018 01:10PM
Ron, how do I get this physics editor? Is it difficult to use? I'm much more of a player that software engineer:-) Thanks
Date: January 07, 2018 07:02PM
Posted by: Atticus.
AustinF1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ron, how do I get this physics editor? Is it
> difficult to use? I'm much more of a player that
> software engineer:-) Thanks

Hi there,

Try GP4 Database, it should still work:

[www.gp4db.com]

My workthread - [www.grandprixgames.org]
Full of classic F1/non-F1 track layouts

My blog about F1 performance analysis - [thef1formbook.wordpress.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy