CamEditor 5.2+ preview

Posted by Lo2k 
CamEditor 5.2+ preview
Date: June 11, 2003 01:46PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Here is a small snapshot of the next Cameditor release I'm working on (yes, i'm also working on 3D Editor too :))

The new feature is dynamic carshape import directly from the cars.wad used by GP4.
Bad side is that you won't have textures, but the good one is that it will be easier to set helmet pos.
Special dedicace to Viper (and Ghostrider of course) whom i used GA-2003 carshape for these sample screen :)

Post Edited (06-11-03 23:06)

Re: CamEditor 5.2+ preview
Date: June 11, 2003 01:48PM
Posted by: Ellis
ooo i like!

So it will load all the 22 different shapes, or 11 for the teams? Very nice!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 11, 2003 02:03PM
well, i'm going to load 11 carshapes but if it really interests some people, i could load the 22 cars. Just tell me how many carshape you need.

Date: June 11, 2003 02:07PM
Posted by: Stan
i guess 11 are enough since a team has 2 same shapes

Date: June 11, 2003 02:09PM
Posted by: b-tone
22!
please

from the cars.wad used by GP4
what about loading other carshapes?

looking pretty hot tho :)

____
Tony

Date: June 11, 2003 02:25PM
Posted by: tux
whats the point loading carshapes not used in the game? ;)

Date: June 11, 2003 02:27PM
22 as our GT cars have 2 carshapes per team, and sumtimes two totally different cars

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 11, 2003 02:37PM
Posted by: Morbid
Cooooooool!

I like and am really looking forward to this. :)

Btw, is it possible that we could do something about the position of the steering wheel in the external views? Sometimes, when you replace carshapes, the steering wheel is really misplaced - like halfway through the top of the monoque of the car.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 11, 2003 02:39PM
yes morbid, GP4Tweaker currently allows it!

Along with helemt and arm positions

Date: June 11, 2003 02:41PM
Posted by: Morbid
D'oh!

Ah well, thx Ellis :). I been looking for a solution for quite a while now.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 11, 2003 03:27PM
Posted by: broders
i thought it was track editor not 3d editor :S oh well

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: June 11, 2003 03:43PM
Yep, i will add steering wheel positions too in order to cover new features brought by madman in GP4Tweaker.

Else i can load the 100+ carshapes at all lods, will it be enought ? :p
Well, no, but 22 are possible and selecting an external to cars.wad carshape might be enable too.

To Broders: Nope, it isn't Track Editor as it's Paul Hoad property and as Paul hadn't given any sign of life since so long, i never tried to contact him to have the rights to use Track Editor name, well, hope he didn't had the same accident as Madman...

Date: June 11, 2003 04:12PM
Posted by: Vader
I'd love to have 22 shapes as well, thus we can make Wilson's head really stick out.

Boys, I am proud of you. I am really glad that I instructed you so well.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 11, 2003 04:42PM
Unfortuanlty Wilsons head wont stick out cos its 22 shapes but 11 head positions i think

Date: June 11, 2003 04:44PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
ITs nearly one year ago that paul hoad updated his website. It was 14th june 2002.

Lo2k - have you got my last mail?

I cant export helmet positions with cameditor or import them. I have to change it with madmans tweaker but i want save them to a file. Its not possible... :(

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: June 12, 2003 04:11PM
Yep, i got it.

I havn't answer as i hadn't time to test helmets for now...
here are the answer to the first questions:

With cameras 4 and 8, GP4 hide completely focused car. Nothing new.
And i can't move chase cams on x axe neither.

As Tweaker don't patch GP4 and as Cameditor don't use tweaker's datas for now, you won't be able to get tweaker's data in any way with cameditor.
The only way to have the same helmet coords as those you set in tweaker is to input the same helmet position values again in Cameditor or waiting for a next release (maybe not the next one).

Date: June 12, 2003 04:51PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
OK, thanks for the info.

You wrote that i can set tweakers values with cameditor. But i thought cameditor 5.1 use`s centimetres and tweaker the normal coords.

So i`ll wait until next release - or not the next ;)

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: June 12, 2003 08:19PM
Posted by: Madman271
sorry i missed this topic.

i've an idea to add export/import button in gp4tweaker's camera position tweak which allow users to save/load onboard camera settings to/from a file. here some new features to camera positioner for next gp4tweaker version 1.0.4.5:

1. cam data export/import (hope can work with lo2k cameditor saved file)
2. better cam data management (cam assignment, etc)
3. add keystrokes for reset/centered camera during race
4. add keystrokes for fov angle and far/near clipping adjustments
5. etc :)

to lo2k:
i think you may started to apply your cameditor for additional features stored in gp4tweak.bin file without waiting for new gp4tweaker release since data stored in gp4tweak.bin won't be moved or changed as documented in binfile sdk. you just need to detect any presences of gp4tweak.bin file in gp4 main folder. however, you still need to wait for more new data (rims color, arms color, tyres pos, etc) that will be comes with gp4tweaker 1.0.4.5.

ch88rs,
madman
Date: June 13, 2003 07:10AM
Posted by: Max Downforce
That's good Lo! I had some trouble with a BAR shape in the Arrow slot. If you can load the BAR shape i can figure it out precisely regarding helmetposition, brilliant!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Date: June 13, 2003 07:25AM
Posted by: Dahie
Sounds great! :)

I'm looking forward to it.

@LO2K: And I have still hope, that I can convince you enabling saving data for one team only. ...
Somehow ;)

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy