Start lines

Posted by jv 
Start lines
Date: January 23, 2017 09:25PM
Posted by: jv
Can anyone help regarding editing the start lines positions. I'm using csm with 1997 track pack and for instance Melbourne pole position is on the right hand side and not the left. Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Start lines
Date: January 24, 2017 12:33AM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
Is it just about the lines drawn on the tarmac or do the cars (also) really start on the wrong site?
Date: January 24, 2017 01:16AM
The cars also start on the incorrect side.
Date: January 25, 2017 12:44PM
Okay. At the moment I have no GP4 stuff available, so I cannot make any screenshots and have to describe this by my memories.

#1 Starting positions:
1. To change the pole-site open the track's dat-file in the GP4-folder/circuits with GP4-builder. It might be the s1ct1.dat file.
2. Doubleclick on 'track sectors' on the left.
3. Single-click on 'initial sector' or sector 1 (I don't remember). It might pop-up a window in the middle with some data, you can edit (Maybe it is already open right from the beginning, dunno).
4. Search in this window for 'pole-site', '1st grid position' or something like that. Make this value upsite down. For example if it is '1000' at the moment, change it to '-1000' and vice versa. In brackets behind it, the GP4-builder might tell you what this value means in metres (measured from sector center).
--> This should mirror the whole starting grid and solve you problem physically.

#2 Gridlines:
0. Make sure the folder containing your track's dat-file also contains the files named 'gridlines.tga' and gridleft.tga'. Both files are delivered together with GP4-builder-download.
1. To get also a solution for the graphical appearance of the grid lines, again open the dat-file of the track and once again doubleclick on 'track sectors'.
2. Doubleclick on the last track sector. You might see, that GP4-builder has drawn the gridlines on the sectors shown in your screen. A command list for the selected sector is shown on the left.
3. Now you have to search after the grid-lines' jip-mapping-command. For this task have a look into the jip-mapping-command, if this sector has one. Move from the last sector to the prelast sector and so on until you found the jip-mapping command for the gridlines. This command might be about 40 sectors before the finish line, but can also be anywhere else.
4. To change the site of grid lines on the track you have to edit a special value in the jip-mapping command, whose name I don't remember. In general: The GP4-bulider's guide will help you a lot with this task. Just read the chapter for jip-mapping.

I really hope, this explanation will help you.
Date: January 29, 2017 09:44AM
Thanks for that klausfeldmann it worked. Appreciate your input sorry for not getting back to you sooner.
Date: January 29, 2017 12:39PM
No Problem. Great to hear, that it worked (Y)!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy