GPGSL S11: R14 Flevoland GP [VACANCIES, join now!!! || R13 QUAL online p.157, RACE p.158!!!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Gonna run the race and upload tonight. The days wait was semi-planned, so don't fear the wait isn't going to be long.
Someone may need to update the topic title, as I can't.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Pole!!!!!

Apologies on missing the activity check guys - I believe that's a first for me.

My new job means lots of travelling, so it's not always easy to keep up.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
10th place in the rain. Will take it, plenty of cars to overtake, let's make it happen!
Is the 20 perf penalty a permanent penalty or for one race?
Forever, muhahaha!

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
I'll reserve my opinion on that
The race has been run, I can tell you there are going to be some very unhappy drivers after this...

FlyingFinn19 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is the 20 perf penalty a permanent penalty or for
> one race?

Until the end of the season.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
truecrysis Schreef:
> The race has been run, I can tell you there are
> going to be some very unhappy drivers after
> this...

Why do I feel that this message is for me? :-/

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
truecrysis Wrote:
> this...

Xiiiii... ;)

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Since the whole weekend is going rubbish i wouldn't be suprised if the race is also a total waste

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
truecrysis Schreef:
> this...

Blame the boost system. ;)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Turbo Lover Wrote:
> truecrysis Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The race has been run, I can tell you there are
> > going to be some very unhappy drivers after
> > this...
>
>
> Blame the boost system. ;)

Blame everything except your own driving. :u

Well Tobi is on a good position and has been angry in the last few races, hopefully he is not one of the drivers or he might kill someone hahahaha

Lets hope it means that the MAC´s will get the 1-2? =P
If it's a wet race and that causes those ahead of our cars to falter, then Tyrant may be in for a double points finish and quite possibly a podium.

Charrel Schreef:
> truecrysis Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The race has been run, I can tell you there are
> > going to be some very unhappy drivers after
> > this...
>
> Why do I feel that this message is for me? :-/
------
Same here Jalving, same here... I hope not, but I got a bad feeling over this !!!! :-(

Otherwise the new boost system for drivers worked extremely well and the drivers who didn't boost are the unhappy ones...

... or...

the new boost system for drivers failed and drivers who took the boost were all doomed to the end of the list.

Maybe that's what Connor is trying to tell us...

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2017 12:30PM by Brett Sinclair.
Well, I used my boost and I won the free practice. Anyway, it is a rainy weekend and weather plays a major role this round. It is too early to judge if the new boost system works or not until we have results for let's say 3-4 dry races.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2017 01:31PM by Soutsen.
Mullet345 Wrote:
> If it's a wet race and that causes those ahead of
> our cars to falter, then Tyrant may be in for a
> double points finish and quite possibly a podium.

This can't be true, I've used a boost this week! Time for aquaplaning
Round 2 - Malaysian GP - Race Part 1

Hello and welcome back to Sepang. Yesterday we saw Carlos Rodriguez take pole in a rather soggy qualifying session, closely followed by McClure in the Ecurie Mistral machine. Those hoping for far simpler weather in the race are set for disappointment, with the forecast predicting lighter rain, but for more changeable conditions over the race. Let's head down to the grid to get there excitement underway!

The cars are lined up on the grid, and it seems the weather has seen a variety of strategies at play. 10 of the cars on the grid have opted for wet tyres, including McClure, Kederer, Pedersen and Nell. The rest, such as pole man Rodriguez, are starting on drys. There's a fascinating 25 laps ahead.

And they're off! A good start for everyone as the start line is completely dry. Kederer looks to get alongside McClure, whilst Rodriguez still has the lead.

Not so fast! Braking into turn 1 and the Ecurie machine is alongside! They stay side by side for turn 2, but Daly has the inside line for turn 3, and we have a lead change! Rodriguez takes behind for 2nd. Behind the Warrington twins follow a similar route, forcing Kederer down to 5th.

At the back, Keranen has made a fantastic start, and coming out of turn 2 he's already in 17th. Things have gone from bad to worse for AMR as both cars now sit right at the back.

Turn 4 and Rodriguez is under attack yet again. The One car of Warrington throws it up the inside, as Kederer follows suit to try and gain back one of the lost places.

Kederer doesn't make it through, but Warrington does. The move forces the MPR wide, and Rodriguez is in trouble of losing yet more places.

Yup, Chris Warrington and Kederer both fire past before Carlos can even get going. Behind, even Pedersen has a better drive than the MPR and the MAC man takes the inside line around turn 5 to take 5th. Disastrous couple of turns for Rodriguez.

Coming out of turn 6, this part of the track is far wetter. This is what's going to make this race so fascinating, the mix of wet and dry track and tyres.

Ancevski gets a little too close to Spangenberg into Turn 7, and the resulting contact ends in both men facing in the wrong direction. They rejoin right at the back.

Things are still very bunched up, and De Bruyker makes an incredibly move to make the most of it! As drivers queue into the hairpin of 9, the One man shoots his car up the inside, and propels himself from 10th to 7th. Nell behind him follows suit, taking both Sanvitale and Cremasco to move into 10th.

Into the final corner and two men trying to take a position back. Rodriguez puts himself up the inside of Pedersen, whilst De Bruyker finds himself on the ultra defensive from Silva. The MPR isn't able to make it stick, but Silva is, taking the 7th of De Bruyker.

One MPR manages to make a move stick though, as Jalving finally dampens to incredible start for Keranen. The dutch driver now sits in 13th.

Lap 2, and Nell looks to make the first of potentially many overtakes this lap. He puts the car up the inside of Copeman into turn 1, and despite the MAC drivers best efforts, takes 10th place.

Thomas attempts to do the same on a now falling Keranen but the move has far less grace than that of his teammate. The Demon runs into the back of the Finn and once again we have a Snake facing the wrong way, joined by his attacker Thomas.

Ancevski is late on the scene, and clearly doesn't see the stationary Snake car... it's two instant retirements, with wheels flying everywhere. Really unfortunate for both drivers, Ancevski came in a little blind although perhaps could have paid more attention to the yellows. No point worrying now, his race is over. As is Keranen's.

Copeman is struggling a little on the wet tyres, and Cremasco makes the most of it with a tidy move into Turn 4. Like Rodriguez before, Copeman is slow to get away. Sanvitale doesn't need asking twice, and takes a free 11th place.

Further back and one of the SCR's is on the move, whilst the other sits at the back. Worseling takes the inside at turn 9, and dispatches Scala without too many problems. Elleker gets a little out of sorts defending from Hinz, but keeps the coveted 16th place for now.

That's not the line to be taking! The track is incredibly slippy around there, and Chris Warrington finds that out first hand. The Tyrant driver fires well wide at 12, allowing Kederer easily through. He manages to rejoin with just one place lost, but in doing so massively holds up Pedersen, which allows Rodriguez to say "thank you very much, I'll take 5th".

It seemed like Hinz was making Elleker nervous, and it finally pays off. An easy move in the final corner to elevate the German one spot. Ingers will just be happy it was a clean move.

A quick look at the places gained off the start shows that Rodriguez is the big loser. Other than that, most have stayed around where they were, with the two Warringtons and Nell having gained the most.

And just as I say Rodriguez has had a bad start... it gets much much worse. Pedersen has gone in way too hot attempting to get 5th place back, and the MPR man finds himself facing the wrong way at turn 7. The number of expletives in that cockpit probably just increased massively.

Copeman takes advantage of the chaos to perform the same trick as De Bruyker into turn 9. He jumps passed Sanvitale and Cremasco in one move to take 8th. Just behind Gilson takes back his position from Elleker, demoting the AMR driver even further.

With two cars already out, Rodriguez rejoins in last place. Not where he would have expected to be three laps into this race.

A lot of people are struggling to find grip out there, with the rain making the track wetter than when we started. Nell doesn't get his car stopped in time, and there's nothing De Bruyker can do to stop himself being turned around. He rejoins all the way down in 18th.

Nell keeps his charge going, albeit this time much cleaner. The final corner sees a nice clear move up the inside of Silva for 6th. Behind Copeman is on the ultra defensive, but even getting incredibly close to the Tyrant car is not enough to stop Cremasco taking 8th back.

Wet tyres do seem to now be the right tyre, as John Warrington finds out. He stays on track, but Kederer makes a rather easy move into turn 1. The Alpha driver can now hunt down McClure in the lead.

Again a teammate tries to follow suit, and again it's incredibly unsuccessful. Sanvitale attempts to use turn 1 to get passed Copeman, but instead runs into the back of him. The MAC driver is unaffected, but the Alpha Man now has to sit and watch the field drive past him.

With a gap in the field, Sanvitale attempts the swing the car back onto the track. He only succeeds in parking the car directly on the race line. And directly in front of Spangenberg. The Snake driver can do anything but drive into the Alpha car, with Sanvitale out on the spot. Spangenberg loses his front wing, and will have to pit to replace it. Another really unfortunate retirement.

Meanwhile an interesting strategy choice for Joseph Gilson! With the race not going to plan, the SCR team opt to bring him in and change the dry tyres for a set of wets. A bold choice, but if the conditions keep getting worse it could pay off massively!

Oooh no no, Pedersen has gone wide in 13! Right behind him we see Cremasco almost follow suit, with the Tyrant driver having to fight hard to keep the car on track. Pedersen will have to wait for the field to filter through after that mistake.

Cremasco being so slow in turn 14 causes him to get swamped. Copeman gets passed easily, before Jalving, Worseling and Hinz all attempt to pounce on the same mistake.

It's busy going into turn 15! But it's Hinz that's come away the big winner! He manages to jump Scala, Cremasco, Worseling and Jalving in just one straight, and now finds himself in an incredible 8th place. It's an absolutely remarkeable piece of driving from the German.

Coming out the corner and things are still tight though, as Worseling tries to battle his way passed Jalving. He's got the straight line speed, as do apparently all the rest in that group. Worseling, Scala and Cremasco all slipstream straight passed the MPR and seal the deal into turn 1.

Thomas meanwhile has caught up to Elleker after his early mistake. He goes for the move into turn 4, and somehow gets 2 for the price of 1! Jalving is slow in the braking zone, and the Demon driver takes full advantage! Jalving needs to get things going again or the AMR behind will be all over him.

Spangenberg has made it back to the pits to replace his front wing. Interestingly he opts to stay on the dry tyres, so clearly he disagrees with the SCR team about the state of the track.

Chris Warrington is desperate to try his hand at off-roading this race. He loses a little grip in turn 6 and does very well to keep it facing forwards after a short trip through the grass. Nell does take 4th off the British driver, but he gets his Toyota engine up to speed before Silva can also get passed.

Lap 5 and a small breather with which to look at the standings. McClure still sits at the top with a 1.7 second lead over Kederer. Just the three retirements so far, as Sanvitale, Ancevski and Keranen have all made their way back to the garage after incidents.

Worseling has lost it in the same fashion as Warrington just before. He doesn't get it under control though and fires across the track. As Cremasco comes through turn 6, Worseling fires across the track and we are inches from a heavy collision between the two. The fact you can barely see Cremasco is a testament to how close they are. Worseling will have to try and recover from the back, whilst I'm sure the Tyrant driver is also pretty spooked.

Jalving gets a little out of shape into turn 9, as he has to use every bit of experience to avoid running into the back of Thomas.

But apparently that's a short lived thing, with the MPR driver opting for a sideways bump to push the Demon car out the way. It's up into 11th for Jalving, but in a very rough and ready manner.

And that's the end of part 1! Part 2 is on the way, so expect more action like this very shortly!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy