GPGSL S11: R14 Flevoland GP [VACANCIES, join now!!! || R13 QUAL online p.157, RACE p.158!!!]

Posted by GPGSL 
I can be the official gpgsl whore; filling seats if no one else can.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Generally, I'm totally with Marcus, Chris and Stu. It shouldn't be an issue to make one stupid post every two weeks, taking 5 minutes of time. And in times where there were more interested drivers than race seats, the system was fine and did its job.

Secondly, I also agree that it's not quite fair to some to change the system mid-season. But, we're facing the inconvenient truth that in the current situation we're running out of drivers allowed to race dictated by the rules of this very strict system. We're not in the good times anymore where interest in the series was huge. Obviously, like I wrote, every excluded driver is welcomed to return if the system is changed.
Again, I don't like it either, but I think that if we keep up the strict system on all costs, we won't even make it over this season. So, if you want to cause even further delay and count the last activity check as is, then Glen and Maikel will have to take up negotiations again, I'll have to redo the perfs, Ruben has to decide where to drive and you probably can't expect the coverage to be up before next week. But one way or another, I think it's the wrong way. Probably it would be good if the remaining board members could state their opinions so that we can finally make a final decision over this annoying topic.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Turbo Lover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can be the official gpgsl whore; filling seats
> if no one else can.

Confirmed: Ruben is Roberto Moreno.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
It's a given that rule changes during a season should be avoided as much as possible for sure, especially the activity checks, that absolutely is an end-of-season change.
I know I have broken the activities rules but I would really like to continue as Manager of MAC Racing if something can be worked out.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Well, when the GPGSL board figure out what is going on, who is allowed to drive for what team, what seat etc let me know. I have hired drivers, replaced drivers, updated the livery for each change and submitted it for inclusion in the mod.
So, when the dust settles, I don't care if it is Connor or Rubén in the race seat. Just make it happen to whatever the rules allow, and let's get on with it, otherwise it will be 2018 and the season will still be going.....

Back in 2 weeks time to meet the activity checks....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Alpha Motorsports Team Announcement

Despite recent confusion on the part of team boss Ed Greenhalgh, Alpha Motorsports can today confirm that test driver Sean O'Neill will be stepping up to make his race driving debut in the absence of Alessandro Sanvitale.

X (@ed24f1)
Brett Sinclair Wrote:
> Pedersen Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > just popping in =) busy atm
>
>
> Well done Michael, that's what I'm talking
> about... and how long did that take to pop in, 5
> minutes ?! ;)
>
> If everybody did that, there was no problem at
> all.

haha thanks, yeah about, i quickly read abit of the posts to see if it was anything i could be in hand for before posting. Going to be more online from this afternoon.

I know my post had nothing to do with the league but i hope it was ok anyway ;)
Macca25 Wrote:
> I know I have broken the activities rules but I
> would really like to continue as Manager of MAC
> Racing if something can be worked out.

hope it can be worked out :)
SchueyFan Wrote:
> Alpha Motorsports Team Announcement
>
> Despite recent confusion on the part of team boss
> Ed Greenhalgh, Alpha Motorsports can today confirm
> that test driver Sean O'Neill will be stepping up
> to make his race driving debut in the absence of
> Alessandro Sanvitale.

I am greatly happy to accept this temporary promotion to race driver and hope to gain valuable points for the team and myself.
It will probably be a tricky race for me on an unfamiliar circuit but I will endeavor to do my best to achieve a good result.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2017 10:40AM by seanmikeuk.
Welcome to the team Marcus!

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
If there are no longer drivers to fill in for people that get 'the boot', whether it is a demotion to test driver or 3rd warning, it is time to change the rules. I am NOT in favour of ignoring the last activity check, even if that costs me Douglas for 2 races. But fact is that this means 1 car cannot enter the race since there our only 21 eligible race drivers (not counting seat hopping whore Ruben ;)) This is most definately a problem.

Therefor I am in favour of changing the rules mid season. This is what I suggest we will do:

1. Next race will be driven with Douglas spangenberg in the Snake Motorsports car, Connor Steer will drive for Demon Racing. (Here are the perfs based upon)

2. The third warning for Dan and Nathan will be a probationary one, since both have since then proven to be 'active', IF they manage to complete the season without failing another time: the teams stay in their hands, if they fail the teams may NEVER return to the series. However: both must think by themselfs if this is, or not going to work out. I love Dan's MPR, but it's disgraceful to let it go down under like this again. They both may have to make the decision to let their team go at the end of the season.

3. Douglas second penalty will also be a probationary one, if he collects another penalty it'll immediately count as his 3rd one, and he won't be able to complete this season.

4. Activity window will be made to fit the races, 2 days AFTER race RESULTS (not official tables) the window closes at 23:59 GMT.

5. If the situation arrises further in the season, a team owner will take control of the opening race seat. Off course he will not collect championship points (only constructor) and will NOT gain performance points.
*If a new driver is found on the forum, he will take over the free race seat - unless the team owner can provide the board with a valid reason as of why this person should not run for his team.

6. Team owner racing rules will be discussed to be altered for next season. Just as the new activity window, this will be evaluated in between seasons.

I think we can all agree this can not go on like this. If this is what we can do to make sure the GPGSL will survive, then I choose to do so. Not all my options may be the best, but if we don't try, I can assure we will not make it.

This is NOT a complete board decision, but it is what I think we should do.

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Upon reflection and taking into account what others have said since my last post, I am happy to proceed. But can we proceed as per Maikel's suggestions? They seem to be the fairest way forward for everyone.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
I have NO problem with that, if everyone agrees.

and just like Glenn said "Just make it happen to whatever the rules allow, and let's get on with it, otherwise it will be 2018 and the season will still be going....."

@Nick Worseling: bedankt, een Nederlander en een Belg in een Australisch team // thanks, a Dutchman and a Belgian in an Australian team ;)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
No problems from me in regards to Maikel's suggestion.

Seems pretty well thought out and fair to me

I'm also fine with Maikel's suggestions, at least unless we continue to lose another bunch of members by the boot. But for the moment it sounds like a very good compromise. I only disagree with one point. Team owners stepping up into race seats not getting perf points is equally unfair. If they test, they can collect perf points. If they have to step up because there are simply no test drivers left that could step up, they get none? Potentially for a whole season if no fresh blood comes in? That's quite unfair. But since we're not quite there, yet, this can be discussed while we proceed with the season.

What about the probationary penalties for Nathan, Dan and Douglas? I suppose, since they're probationary, I shall include the 20 perf point penalty and only their exlusion/demotion is canceled for now?

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
MDBSnake Scritto:
> If there are no longer drivers to fill in for
> people that get 'the boot', whether it is a
> demotion to test driver or 3rd warning, it is time
> to change the rules. I am NOT in favour of
> ignoring the last activity check, even if that
> costs me Douglas for 2 races. But fact is that
> this means 1 car cannot enter the race since there
> our only 21 eligible race drivers (not counting
> seat hopping whore Ruben ;)) This is most
> definately a problem.
>
> Therefor I am in favour of changing the rules mid
> season. This is what I suggest we will do:
>
> 1. Next race will be driven with Douglas
> spangenberg in the Snake Motorsports car, Connor
> Steer will drive for Demon Racing. (Here are the
> perfs based upon)
>
> 2. The third warning for Dan and Nathan will be a
> probationary one, since both have since then
> proven to be 'active', IF they manage to complete
> the season without failing another time: the teams
> stay in their hands, if they fail the teams may
> NEVER return to the series. However: both must
> think by themselfs if this is, or not going to
> work out. I love Dan's MPR, but it's disgraceful
> to let it go down under like this again. They both
> may have to make the decision to let their team go
> at the end of the season.
>
> 3. Douglas second penalty will also be a
> probationary one, if he collects another penalty
> it'll immediately count as his 3rd one, and he
> won't be able to complete this season.
>
> 4. Activity window will be made to fit the races,
> 2 days AFTER race RESULTS (not official tables)
> the window closes at 23:59 GMT.
>
> 5. If the situation arrises further in the season,
> a team owner will take control of the opening race
> seat. Off course he will not collect championship
> points (only constructor) and will NOT gain
> performance points.
> *If a new driver is found on the forum, he will
> take over the free race seat - unless the team
> owner can provide the board with a valid reason as
> of why this person should not run for his team.
>
> 6. Team owner racing rules will be discussed to be
> altered for next season. Just as the new activity
> window, this will be evaluated in between
> seasons.
>
>
> I think we can all agree this can not go on like
> this. If this is what we can do to make sure the
> GPGSL will survive, then I choose to do so. Not
> all my options may be the best, but if we don't
> try, I can assure we will not make it.
>
> This is NOT a complete board decision, but it is
> what I think we should do.

This seems the best way out of this problem (Y) btw I think that S12 is going to happen :-)

My GPGSL Career
JohnMaverick Schreef:
> I'm also fine with Maikel's suggestions, at least
> unless we continue to lose another bunch of
> members by the boot. But for the moment it sounds
> like a very good compromise. I only disagree with
> one point. Team owners stepping up into race seats
> not getting perf points is equally unfair. If they
> test, they can collect perf points. If they have
> to step up because there are simply no test
> drivers left that could step up, they get none?
> Potentially for a whole season if no fresh blood
> comes in? That's quite unfair. But since we're not
> quite there, yet, this can be discussed while we
> proceed with the season.

I though from the perpective that a team owner was a test driver, if you get a team owner stepping up that isn't a test driver i suppose he could work up perf point. But either only from test, or only from race. No double points - maybe that's clearer for explanation :)

> What about the probationary penalties for Nathan,
> Dan and Douglas? I suppose, since they're
> probationary, I shall include the 20 perf point
> penalty and only their exlusion/demotion is
> canceled for now?

Yes, exactly that, Perf deduction continue as per usual.

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Can we please race again? I don't want to pee in my racecar.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy