New Tracks without GPxPatch

Posted by F1Expert 
New Tracks without GPxPatch
Date: October 01, 2016 09:34AM
Posted by: F1Expert
Hello!

It is possible to install and use new tracks witout bugs or Game-crashes without GpxPatch?
And when yes, can anybody tell my short, how?

Thanks!
Re: New Tracks without GPxPatch
Date: October 01, 2016 05:14PM
Posted by: Atticus.
Replace the .wad in the GP4 main folder with your track's custom .wad file.
Replace the .dat in the GP4\Circuits folder with your track's custom .dat file.

You can do that with all tracks, just be very careful that you can only replace tracks with the same name - custom tracks usually come with files that are named accordingly to one of the original files. For example, F1virtual's Bahrain track files are named a1ring2001.wad and s1ct06.dat, so you can replace the original A1-Ring track with it. (And nothing else.)

With GPxPatch, you can replace any track with any custom track and it will read track default setups as well. (Without GPxPatch the game will not load custom setups and additional track data and you will use the original track's values. For example, if you use F1virtual's Bahrain track without GPxPatch, the game will load the original A1-Ring setup for you and for the AI as well.)

My workthread - [www.grandprixgames.org]
Full of classic F1/non-F1 track layouts

My blog about F1 performance analysis - [thef1formbook.wordpress.com]
Date: October 02, 2016 05:23AM
Posted by: TomMK
But..... why????

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: October 04, 2016 01:50AM
Posted by: XenonS
You could also set your tracks with TSM (part of ZAZ tools) and deactivate the GPxTrack part of GPxPatch when you launch your mod. But why so complicated, and what's wrong with GPxPatch ?

XenonS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy