HELP - Wich windows is better for GP4

Posted by jucksman 
HELP - Wich windows is better for GP4
Date: September 08, 2016 08:54PM
Posted by: jucksman
Hi Guys.

After many problemas with windows 7 in my Macbook Pro, I had to uninstall the OS and GP4. Later this month Apple will be releasing OSX Sierra and it´s rumoured to work much better with windows inside a bootcamp partition so I´ll give GP4 another try.

Since bootcamp will only support Win 8 and 10 installations, I wonder wich one is better to play GP4 in. Any suggestions?

PS: Before you say anything: I don´t have the money right now to buy a PC, so my trusted Macbook Pro is my only alternative to get back into GP4...

So: Win 8 or Win 10? Wich is better for GP4?
Re: HELP - Wich windows is better for GP4
Date: September 08, 2016 08:58PM
Posted by: XenonS
A fast processor is very good for running the game, the grafic card is not important, You can install in all today's Windows 7-10.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2016 09:04PM by XenonS.
Date: September 08, 2016 09:00PM
Posted by: gap177
Grand Prix 4 runs perfectly on my laptop which runs Windows 10.

Glenn (Cdn)
Date: September 09, 2016 06:46PM
Posted by: jucksman
gap177 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Grand Prix 4 runs perfectly on my laptop which
> runs Windows 10.
>
> Glenn (Cdn)

Great, Glenn! I´m thinking about installing windows 10 to run GP4 in my Macbook Pro. It worked great in Win XP and was still very fast in Windows 7. What really killed it for me where the amount of bugs that cause GP4 to have various framerate issues and crashes without any reason ...
Date: September 09, 2016 07:04PM
Posted by: XenonS
To avoid framerate issues, when installing GP4 for the first time you need to set everything to max in the Advanced Settings and then run *Test* until it shows the max 60 FPS. Then, you reduce it manually to 30 FPS. You then lock the f1grafics.cfg file by changing the first value to 1 and setting to the resolution you want (up to 1920x1080 is possible).

XenonS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy