Monza without first chicane (for Atticus)

Posted by Meteoro405 
Monza without first chicane (for Atticus)
Date: September 02, 2016 03:14PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
WEC testing in Monza without first chicane. Atticus do you have Monza dat whitout this only chicane? (for use whit Monza 2013 wad)

imagen jpg

Thx

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Re: Monza without first chicane (for Atticus)
Date: September 02, 2016 05:39PM
Posted by: thestig88
A Monza track without first chicane for GP4 would quite simply KICK ASS!!!!!
Date: September 02, 2016 07:40PM
Posted by: Atticus.
Indeed, I happen to have made such a thing (unreleased) more than two years ago! ;)

I'll check if everything is fine with it and then upload it for you later today.

P.S.: By the way, I recently got hold of real-life corner radius data for the historic Monza (1955-1971) so I now plan to release a fully 'reverse engineered' version of track, similar to Imola Classic. Despite Monza's character remaining almost the same throughout the years, apart from the chicanes, it has actually changed an awful lot amount. Curva Grande got squeezed, the run up to the Lesmos got realigned, the Lesmos itself were squeezed, the straight to Parabolica was narrower and, of course, there's that 24-meter wide pit straight to fiddle with. Even the escape road of the new first chicane does not fully lay where the original straight laid as the developers left an ever so slight right kink from the old double chicane in during the construction process in 2000. (That's why the 'straight' sort of meanders left and right even after the oval leaves to the right. This is, incidentally, visible on the above screenshot as well. The only significant amount of sectors which can be left untouched are from Lesmo 2 to Vialone (Ascari). Some of these changes are not accounted for in Monza 1969, like the realignment before Lesmo 1, and lots of other corners were restored with incorrect radii. (Not to mention subtle elevation and camber changes.)

My workthread - [www.grandprixgames.org]
Full of classic F1/non-F1 track layouts

My blog about F1 performance analysis - [thef1formbook.wordpress.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2016 08:00PM by Atticus..
Date: September 02, 2016 08:14PM
Great news and excellent information about the old Monza

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: September 02, 2016 09:48PM
There you go: [www.mediafire.com]

Although in the meantime I realised that this is not specifically a 2013 version. It should fit well though considering there were no layout changes recently. In any case, if you have troubles, you can easily make the shortcut in a 2013 .dat. Simply use the corner radius I used and you should get a perfect connection. (Build a 4-sector long -0.1 degree 'left turn' from sector 125 and then straight on until it merges. Adjust track width at the merging point and then elevation, camber, banking and bank heights to fit a 2013 .wad.)

Date: September 02, 2016 10:00PM
Thanks mate!!!!!!!! (B)

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: September 02, 2016 10:53PM
Posted by: thestig88
Outstanding! Thank you!
Date: September 02, 2016 11:34PM
You're welcome, guys.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy