GP4 is very slow after Windows 10 upgrade

Posted by TheFueleffect 
GP4 is very slow after Windows 10 upgrade
Date: July 28, 2016 10:42PM
Posted by: TheFueleffect
Hi all,

Unfortunately GP4 runs very slowly on my computer after the Windows 10 upgrade. At first it runs fine, but then it gets incredibly slow (>200 processor occupancy) periodically for quite some time. Initially I thought Windows Defender was the problem, but it happens even if I turn it off, so I don't know what is causing it. Has anyone had the same problem and know how to fix it?
Thanks!
Re: GP4 is very slow after Windows 10 upgrade
Date: July 28, 2016 10:47PM
Posted by: Lacrowe
First to take the bait like a jerk, you had better have a backup of the old software

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2016 10:50PM by Lacrowe.
Anti aliasing in your graphics card settings? Using anything other than multisampling would cause slowdowns for me, it might be worth a try, although it's a long shot...

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: July 29, 2016 07:34PM
salvasirignano wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anti aliasing in your graphics card settings?
> Using anything other than multisampling would
> cause slowdowns for me, it might be worth a try,
> although it's a long shot...

Thanks!
Is there any way to change the settings of the graphics card to multisampling? Or can it be changed in the GP4 graphics menu? (I'm a bit of a noob here.)
Date: July 30, 2016 01:30AM
Posted by: DAMON96
I think that is in the graphic card settings
Date: July 30, 2016 08:52PM
Mine is a Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1). Is that possible? I can't find any multisampling settings.
Sounds like you have an integrated graphics card, in which case I'm not even sure there'll be the option to change it :(

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: July 31, 2016 10:16AM
Thanks!
Yesterday I discovered the graphics card isn't supported by Windows 10 anymore, so apparently I just bought the wrong computer. :(
I would go back to windows 7 or 8 unless you really need 10, I wouldn't really want a laptop without a working graphics card if I were playing GP4...
You can get a windows 7 licence code from here, it's what I used to upgrade to 7 from xp and it works absolutely fine :)
[softwaregeeks.co.uk]
Of course, that all depends if your other software/ hardware is compatible with older versions of windows...

Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2016 10:41AM by salvasirignano.
Date: August 03, 2016 09:38PM
I must say I'm a bit reluctant to downgrade to Windows 8 because I fear I might miss crucial Microsoft updates, which may become a security problem. But maybe it's a good idea, because I haven't yet discovered the benefits of Windows 10.
By the way, setting the CPU parameter to 1 instead of 0 in GPxPatch seems to help. The game is much faster overall, but still it gets slow from time to time. I guess it might be a processor problem. I believe in the new GPxPatch the default CPU usage is 0, because selecting "all" may cause the game to crash, so I hope 1 is still safe. So, all in all, there is some good news and there is definitely hope for the future, but if someone is able to diagnose the problem, I would love to hear it!
Date: August 04, 2016 07:11AM
Posted by: DAMON96
TheFueleffect Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks!
> Yesterday I discovered the graphics card isn't
> supported by Windows 10 anymore, so apparently I
> just bought the wrong computer. :(

Can't you upgrade your graphic card???
Date: August 04, 2016 03:39PM
Posted by: phantaman
the driver for windows 8, works on windows 10. I believe that through this integrated controller you can get at most a 20/23 fps if is well optimized.

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Thanks for the replies!

I don't think there's anything wrong with my computer. The game runs fine for some time and then it suddenly slows down a lot, usually during the pit window or after a car retires from the race. First I thought my anti-virus program was to blame for this slowdown, but now I think the pitstops and car failures for some reason have become very memory-consuming. I've tweaked a lot of things in GP4, like the pitstop time and magic data (mainly the driver set-up data) to name a few things. Is it possible that the game slows down suddenly due to some game data edit?
Date: May 05, 2017 12:22AM
Posted by: phantaman
Slow? The pc or note may be in a hot or poorly ventilated location or it is the hdd or even a weak power supply (which does not properly power the hardwares connected to it). If I were you, I would check the latter option carefully.

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: May 05, 2017 05:38PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
GP4 works great on Windows 10 for me, but I have to run it in a maximized window.
I just copied my old GP4 folder from my old computer to my Win 10 one. So I installed the game on Windows 7, then transfered the folder.
If you have this option, install and run GP4 on an older operating system and the transfer and see if it helps

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: May 15, 2017 02:37AM
Posted by: jucksman
Guys, I've Solved this issue by doing a clean boot of Windows before I play gp4. I had serious slowdown issues but now I have steady 45 fps with 50% PO even at race starts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy