GP4 + GPTweaker + FF = ???

Posted by CDN_Merlin 
GP4 + GPTweaker + FF = ???
Date: June 08, 2003 02:45PM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
I just bought myself the MS FF wheel and honestly, even with GPTweaker set to MAX, it really doesn't have much FF in GP4. Going over curbs does nothing and the only thing it does is make the wheel stiff.

Any work around or is this the best it gets?

Yes I've searched the forum and that is how I got GPTweaker.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Re: GP4 + GPTweaker + FF = ???
Date: June 09, 2003 11:53AM
Anyone?

Beta tester for;
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: June 09, 2003 04:13PM
Posted by: papa_delta
Merlin,

I have the MS FF Sidewinder Wheel (2 years old) and I have to set the FF in the game at less than 50%. Even that causes some discomfort in my shoulders after relatively short game sessions, and the curb effect is significant. Sorry I don't have any suggestions to help, although I found that when I installed the official Patch, it made all my wheel settings in the game crap and I had to go through and re-do them. I use 0% on everything (lock on max) but 40-45% force feedback. I use the default settings in the Sidewinder Setup in Windows.

Cheers,

Papa Delta

Micron 1.8g, 512m, GeForce 3, Direct x 9.1, 32-34 fps, <100% po.

Date: June 09, 2003 04:18PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
I also have the MS FF Sidewinder Wheel, also get back problems after playing for around 30 mins, All I can think of is to either delete your control sets and start again or there's a problem with your wheel, does the FF work OK in other games? e.g. CMR2

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: June 09, 2003 05:10PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
That there are no ffb effects on driving over curbs its not a problem of tweaker or gp4. Its a problem of tracklayout. Think that the ffb datas are stored in *.dat files or?

Be carefule if you set it to max (500% or so). I know a guy who has broken his wheel in gp4 with ffb set to maximum. I use 185% - its enough for a 100% race.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: June 09, 2003 06:49PM
The wheel works fine in other games just seems a bit weak in GP4. I'll fiddle around with it more and make a new profile for the controller in GP4

Thx

Beta tester for;
MAX 2, Defiance
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy