MP4-18 shape completed

Posted by Spike02 
Re: MP4-18 shape completed
Date: June 20, 2003 07:09AM
Posted by: matti
Hi Spike,

The shape looks really nice. If Bojan is doing the textures your McLaren will be well worth downloading. I wish you much success with the Sauber too.

Matti
Date: June 20, 2003 07:18AM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
ETA is one month, maybe more. Well, probably more...

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: June 20, 2003 12:30PM
Posted by: Tigershark
Vintsenzo also had this pic of he exhaust but, if he can do it.. I can do it better ;) j/k

Anyway, here's a pic:

- Sander

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Date: June 21, 2003 05:02AM
Posted by: Spike02
modeling as we speak

Date: June 21, 2003 06:47AM
Cool, glad I could help, anyway, here's another pic of the nose:

- Sander

Date: June 21, 2003 09:26AM
Posted by: Cojet
Sorry, Tigershark, one question: where had you found these pics?
Date: June 22, 2003 08:42AM
Posted by: watercolours
i am crawling to drive it! please be quick!

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Date: June 22, 2003 09:06AM
@Cojet: As you can see it's a Sutton pic, I got it off AtlasF1 :)

@watercolours: Don't rush him, I'm sure you want an accurate and finished model :) Give him some time!

- Sander

Date: June 22, 2003 09:12AM
of course i prefer an accurate one, but it doesn't prevent to suffer :)
it's so perfect!
Date: June 22, 2003 09:45AM
Posted by: dreams come trulli
Good work guys!
Date: June 23, 2003 03:39PM
Posted by: Bodeus
Keep on going
Date: June 23, 2003 03:57PM
Posted by: checha
when is gonna be ready that awesome car??

Date: June 23, 2003 05:24PM
First of all, thank you all for these nice pictures. Keep them coming, they're very usefull.

I just started mapping it and making some textures. As you can see, it's very very early, so eta is about month and a half, maybe more, depending on Sauber progress. We won't publish it before it start racing though.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: June 24, 2003 01:53AM
what? no publish before its debut? but we need it.
one question: in the screenshots you sent (in which the mp4-18 carshape on the track) the shadows seem to be of mp4-17's (or maybe 16). will you fix it?

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Date: June 24, 2003 02:03AM
Posted by: Räikkönen
As said before, the sidpods are not perfect, but the rest looks great! Good work!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: June 24, 2003 02:11AM
i'm depressed now :(

Date: June 24, 2003 02:27AM
Why do you need it if that car never raced?!
I'm not sure what shadows are you talking about...On ingame screens there are no textures.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: June 24, 2003 02:37AM
because it's a car that's worked on a lot. and if it never races we can use it as a fantasy car. would you let your efforts be nothing if it never races?
i mean the shadows under the mp4-18 that drop on the track.

Date: June 24, 2003 02:43AM
Well, yes, if that car never races, all these efforts would be for nothing, when there are still a lot of actual cars to do...

You can see that shadows under car are from mp17? Hm, I'm not sure, but I think those shadows are generic for all cars, we're not editing them...

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: June 24, 2003 03:01AM
i was not aware that the under-car shadows were generic. i don't know why i thought it's mp4-17. maybe i subconciously thought it's a development from another mclaren carshape.
what i wanna say is do net let your car be forgotten. since mp4-18 won't make its debut by the time you finish textures, there's no need to give up it, because it will be already finished and can be used as a fantasy car with your textures.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy