graphic problem
Date: August 20, 2004 05:30PM
Posted by: WaZz
I have just bought a new computer :
P4 3.2Gz HT
1024 RAM
80 Go
ATI Radeon 9800Pro

and my framerate is aroud 15FPS with very low details......

I believe that I need HELPPPPPP

I use gpxpatch, and I set the CPU on 0 or 1, I tried both for the same result, if I put CPU on All i have 11FPS
Re: graphic problem
Date: August 20, 2004 06:30PM
Posted by: ColdBlood
Readjust your fps from Graphic option; you can manually change the fps.

Race with no fear! - Gilles Villeneuve

Date: August 20, 2004 06:55PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Switch off HT in bios, GP4 doesnt like it much.

Get the new Catalyst 4.8 drivers, and driver cleaner 3 before you install them - then try it again.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: August 20, 2004 07:26PM
Posted by: anze89
If you have winXP turn off sound hardware acceleration

Date: August 20, 2004 08:39PM
I did everything you said, but nothing worked so far..... :(

Disabled HT, change the FPS manuelly, turn off the sound hardware acceleration.....

What fps and PO should i expect with my system 'cause 16fps and PO of 180 is not that good I think....
Date: August 20, 2004 09:08PM
Posted by: kaid
turn off the sound off other cars by sound\advance

Date: August 20, 2004 09:09PM
Posted by: eclap
That's less than I get on my P3 500, 256MB RAM and TNT2/M64 32MB... I get around 19fps in 800x600x16 with medium detail....

The thing is, I turned off the "other cars" sound fx in the sound menu, turned the sound quality to "lowest" in Windows XP and fiddled a bit in f1graphics.cfg file....

Try to put some more effort into tweaking the game, on your PC it should fly as Kimi lol...

Seriously, search this forum for some graphics and sound tweaking and also try turning your Antialising off in your graphics card driver... Don't forget to get a good driver for your sound and gfx card as well...

Good luck with the game, I wish I had a comp like yours at my hands...
Date: August 20, 2004 09:13PM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
Format c: :P

maybe you had a nvidia before ?
if so you need to download drivercleaner and unistall the drivers you used to have with the nvidia

else , forget whatever I said :)

about this : " turn off the sound off other cars by sound\advance "

this is no solution , with such computer you must have the other car sounds
Date: August 20, 2004 09:42PM
>>forgotten-boy>>>

I agree, with such monster of a PC he should be able to have everythin on in 1024x768 and get a fps above 40 at least, god knows, where the problem lies...
Date: August 20, 2004 10:51PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Try to delete your f1gstate.sav file...
Hmm, and is your P4 deteted as a 3.2Ghz at Boot time ?

Date: August 21, 2004 01:45AM
Posted by: katunga
eclap, you get that figure in race or in free practise?
Date: August 21, 2004 01:53AM
in race....
Date: August 21, 2004 02:18AM
Posted by: mickg
WaZz, I have the same specs as you and I run GP4 at 1280x1024 with all settings at highest level except have environment maps and reflections off, fps is manually set to 50 and I get on average around %70-%100 using T-cam view, less in car cockpit and around 30-60% when reviewing playback outside car. These fifures are also with using the hires tracks too. I have the catalyst 4.8 drivers, they are very good. I was using the latest Omega drivers but got very poor frame rates in Doom3, like medium quality at 1024x780 and around 20fps sometimes down to 15fps. With these the new Catalyst 4.8 drivers I can now have ultra quality at 1280x1024 and 30-60fps(depending on action). I think they may have made a small improvement in GP4 also... Give me your email address and I will send you a copy of my f1graphics.cfg to see if that helps.

P4 3.2ghz/800mhzFSB; XFX 7800GS; 2Gig PC3200(400mhz) DDR; Seagate SATA 10krpm HD x2 ;SB AudigyLS .

AYRTON SENNA: F1's Undying Legend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2004 02:22AM by mickg.
Date: August 21, 2004 02:45AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
WaZz you shouldnt be struggling delete your f1graphics.cfg and your f1gstate.sav and then go and tweak the setting in GP4 graphics menu as it shouldnt hinder you system.

I am running GP4 on a Intel Pentium 4 2.6 GHz, ATi Radeon 9000, 512 MB RAM, 60 GB HDD and also with SBLive 5.1 and i have GP4 running at 24 fps with all setting on High except pitcrew and shadows with those on Medium and high respectively. and the enviromental maps on static. and also with a heat haze !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your system should beat the crap outta mine so do as everyone says. also looks at niggling things in the f1graphics to sort it out.

also since this is a graphics problem thread can someone tell me why my bump mapping is soooooooooo light when i turn it on?
Date: August 21, 2004 05:35AM
my email is :

cedrictuboeuf@videotron.ca

I did format my HD, and it is still the same... I don't understant, even on my laptop the game is running fine!!!

Doom 3 is running perfectly so please help me
Date: August 21, 2004 06:15AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
are you running an original install?

uninstalling, then drefragging, then reinstalling
Date: August 21, 2004 10:17AM
>>>> katunga <<<<<

that's 19fps in race, PO about 80-130 at the start (depending on the circuit), after few corners, when the field spreads out a bit it's under 100 all the time, except some races where it struggles at times... I have all the fancy extras (bump mapping... off, except for low shadows...). It's still better looking than gp3 and runs better, still thing that gp3 might be the better game, though...

post your email and I'll send you my f1graphics.cfg, if you want...
Date: August 22, 2004 02:00AM
here is an update after a day trying to solve that problem :

my config : 3.2Gz HT, Sapphire ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128Mo, 1024 Mo RAM

Ht is disabled ; I have Catalyst 4.8 drivers ; i did delete F1STATE and F1GRAPHIC files

The original game running with the sound hardware acceleration set on none, I have about 17fps and PO is about 100(starting Grid), 80 in race with high details set in the game (in the graphic option menu).

The same config. with updated 2004 cars : PO 130(starting grid) and around 100 in race.

Now, I have with the F1graphic from FortKnox (the quality one), here is the result :
with the sound acceleration set on none : 30fps, PO is around 50 to 60
with the sound acceleration set just one after none (the minimum one...) I have 11fps and a PO around 150 up to 300!!!!

Date: August 22, 2004 02:45AM
just made a 3d mark test, and here is the results
Score = 2620 points

Date: August 22, 2004 02:58AM
Posted by: ZaZ
personally i don't care that much about those scores, but out of curiousity i've tested it myself.
my system isn't a heavy game system. p4 2.66, 512MB ram, radeon 9800 pro
my 3dmark score was 6000 and some more but i forgot.
so you should score more points with your system

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy