GPGSL S10: Season over! Thank you and goodbye. See you in S11 ||v||

Posted by GPGSL 
Congratulations to Sebastian, it's nice to see a former ScalaGP driver making it to the top! :-)

Also, thanks to all the people that makes GPGSL progress (Y)

My GPGSL Career

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2016 05:16PM by senna9194.
I want to thank my mechanics for giving the most rubbish pace ever!

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Very disappointed with the way that whole weekend went for me, hats off to Nell though, incredible race to win the championship
Hopefully next season I'll be fighting at the top again and maybe it will end a bit better!

Amazing racing, with side by side duels, 3 wide down the front straight many times! Heart in mouth stuff watching that live last night - sensational drives by Seb this season, to claim the title. Amazing - this was not on our radar for this season, was not expected or under consideration. Our team has come built up over the last 3 seasons, and now is home to a Drivers Championship title??? WTF???!!! LOL! Well done Seb, and well done to Daniel for playing the wingman role perfectly early in the race. Great weekend for the Demon Racing organisation......

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Massive congrats to Sebastian!

Nice drive Warrington! Hats off!

Despite losing 5th place on the very last lap i am happy with 6th, wasnt expecting that!

Awesome coverage and commentry! Love it! That race was better than quite a few of the real f1 races the past few years =P
Mega congratulations to Seb, he's come on leaps and bounds over the past couple of seasons so it's great to see him wrap up the title. Well done, buddy, and congrats to Chris too for bagging a great win.

My time has come to bid you all a fond farewell, and I'd like to thank everyone who keeps this series going for doing a tremendous job. I want to thank Matteo for giving me a shot in the league, Glen for giving me my first race drive and Maikel for allowing me to move across to his team. I'll miss this league, but after five seasons I think I've done everything I can.

Thanks everyone, you've all been brilliant. :)

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Congratulations to Jean-Marc for points in the final race, and thanks to Dan for giving me my first chance at TNR. Sad to see the team now leave.
Onwards to next season, I'm looking forward to the challenge.
Woah! 2nd place in the last race, very happy to end to season on the podium!
This gives us a good vibe in the off season, I was looking to end the season on a high.

P.s. I didn't manage to watch the video yet, as I'm at work right now. Hoping to see the race asap!

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Disappointing end to the season for me. No pace at all in the car and that is why I couldn't work my way up through the field. One day I'll be back in the race seat, but for now I move on to team ownership and I hope that I can help Tyrant Motorsports work it's way up from the rear of the field up to midfielders and beyond. I can't do it on my own though as I'll also need the drivers racing for Tyrant to do the best they can do to help out. Season 11 is going to be a season of change for sure, with 3 new teams joining (mine included) and 1 former team making their return. I'll be looking forward to the new season for sure.

Very sad to have a potential podium slip in my final race for ONE Racing, I tried pushing but the engine kept losing power, until I was helpless. Awesome fight with Jake nevertheless, but it could've been so much better.

Thank you Rod for keeping me in the team when it changed hands. This is the team that gave me my three wins so far and I will be forever grateful. I leave now for a new adventure with MPR, and quite the task, replacing none other than Mr. Greenhalgh. I will do my best to not dissapoint!

But now, to open Photoshop, I gotta Martini style my lid. ;)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
John Maverick with ambivalent feelings after the season closer

Mr. Maverick. The season is over and you're 2nd in the WDC while your team took the WCC title. How do you feel now?
As you probably expect, it's a mix of feelings. It's great that AMR could claim the title already before this race and it shows what a strong driver pair we had this season. Both Jack and me still fighting for the championship in the last race of the season proved this. But of course this also was a disadvantage compared to DMR. AMR had to concentrate on both of us, we couldn't work together because we both had to focus on ourselves, while DMR could fully concentrate on Nell ... with Thomas driving for him.

That's an interesting aspect you're mentioning. I assume you're referring to the start where Thomas blocked you and thereby helped Nell to pass you?
Amongst others, yes. Don't get me wrong, the move was brilliantly executed and in no way unfair. Had we been in the situation, we would have attempted the same, most likely. So I'm not blaming them. But it's a fact that I had a good start and most likely would have stayed in front of Nell without this move. I also need to blame myself, however. In the heat of the moment I was furious on Thomas and DMR and in doing so, I lost concentration for a few rounds and found myself defending and losing positions instead.

So you think this cost you the championship in the end?
Yes ... and no. I mean, there were many situations this season where I lost a point or two. The biggest one was probably Montreal, where I had such an amazing pace and was driving towards a completely secure win when the car broke down on me. Without this incident, I would have been in front before the last race. Or Spa, where I the incident with Pedersen made me fall from 2nd to 4th, again losing out points that would have made me champion.

Nonetheless you never gave up, did you?
Well, the last race pretty much reflected my whole season, and even my whole career so far. Always so close but not quite on top. I gave my best till the last round, I think everybody could see this. But even if I had caught Nell, I still would have missed out on a point, because of the ultra-boosted TNRs that prevented even an extra point for the fastest lap. And if's don't work anyway. It is as it is and in the end, it is okay the way it is. Cause honestly, if you ask me who I think was the best driver this season, I would say Sebastian Nell without hesitation. He was the most consistent driver and although he had his struggles with qualifying pace, he almost always made up for it in the race. That guy is a racer and he deserves the title. I'm just sad because while he might get extra chances in the future, this was my last chance, at least for a good while. But again, big congrats to Nell, he's a very well deserved champion.

Yes, you're starting your own team, will continue testing but the real racing will be done by others now. Is that bittersweet?
Absolutely. I'll miss racing for AMR. It's the team I started with and it's the team that brought me my biggest success. I'm sad that we couldn't end the circle with a big title celebration and that, on top of that, both Jack and me couldn't make it. But now I'm also looking forward to the new era, the era of Maverick Track Performance. I'm incredibly happy that we could come up with such a strong team for our first season. And I'm confident that we can set a landmark or two in our primary season. And who knows, maybe, one day, MTP will succeed in what I couldn't do as a driver.

Ok, one final question. The season is over now, what are the plans for the offseason?
Well, first of all, I'll take a break with my family, enjoy Christmas and load the batteries. Then the focus will be on setting up the team for a successful season.

That sound like a plan. Thank you for your time and Merry Christmas.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Here is a poll about how many races you want to drive in S11! The poll ends in one week, so please give your vote quickly.

S11 Number of Races Poll

Despite problems, congratulations Marc, Carlos and John!! And let's go to Season 11!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Season 11..... wow, great effort by all involved to keep us moving this far.....

Demon Racing are ready and raring to go, although just fine tuning design of the #1 for Sebastian Nell's car.....woohoo!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
P17, and it looks like that will be it for me. Sorry for a late reply. ;)
Bandon23 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> P17, and it looks like that will be it for me.
> Sorry for a late reply. ;)

we'll forgive you

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
As far as the race went meh. But congrats to the new champ. Im already looking forward to next season and hoping to be able to consistently score points.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Wow, a great end to the season with a thrilling race and a first win. Quite the way to see off GGP too.
Think it was said once before, but is there a chance for me to join the GPGSL board for Season 11? I know I'll be there as a RD, but if I'm allowed to I could also do the tables for each race. Still plenty of time till the new season officially gets underway, so I don't need a answer to this straight away.

Mullet345 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Think it was said once before, but is there a
> chance for me to join the GPGSL board for Season
> 11?

Aren't you a part of it already? ;) I believe you were involved in all important discussions I was

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy