GPGSL S10: Season over! Thank you and goodbye. See you in S11 ||v||

Posted by GPGSL 
Maikel, take your time mate. RL comes first.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Round 17 - British GP - Official Results Tables

Round 17 - British GP - Official Standings Tables

Round 17 - British GP - Official Boost Tables

Round 17 - British GP - GPGCL

8th with one race to go, last 4 races have brought me closer to the tdc leaders. Half saved season..

My GPGSL Career
Wow, talk about tight at the top of the table, those four retirements could have really cost me

...just seen the 8 BHP Greidanus GP has available- could have a major say in the Championship if Silverstone is anything to go by...

wow! 4th in the drivers championship! extremly happy with that!
We've used boost twice this year, and both times we've failed to score any points.

What's the actual point of the system?

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Well! This wasn't that bad.

11th and 6th best race lap. Not a very bad end of season, for now

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GPGSL: Snake Motorsport Test Driver for S10 (promoted to Race Driver from Monza Onwards)

GPGSL-3: Christel VXR Race Driver for S9
It has only effect when the extra bhp is at least around 10. I already suggested to increase the driver boost from 100 to 200.

About team boost I had the following values in mind:

team	maximum boost
01	40
02	50
03	55
04	60
05	65
06	70
07	75
08	80
09	85
10	90
11	100

Corresponding reliability values:

extra bhp	reliability
00-00		=2000
01-05		=2200
06-10		=2400
11-15		=2600
16-20		=2800
21-25		=3100
26-30		=3400
31-35		=3700
36-40		=4000
41-45		=4400
46-50		=4800
51-55		=5200
56-60		=5600
61-65		=6100
66-70		=6600
71-75		=7100
76-80		=7600
81-85		=8200
86-90		=8800
91-95		=9400
96-100		=10000

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Ferrari2007 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We've used boost twice this year, and both times
> we've failed to score any points.
>
> What's the actual point of the system?

The actual point is to give team managers and drivers something extra to actually participate in the series. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. That it didn't work out two times for you doesn't mean it didn't for others. In Montreal this season, I was by far the fastest driver with a double boost until the car broke down.

Adjusting the values is something we can look into during pre-season testing, to maybe increase chances and risks alike with boosts. However, we've already discussed this a few seasons back and there was a huge consensus that the odds need to stay rather than a boost basically ordering the field from highest to lowest value. And I'm totally with this.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Oh how different thing would be if I had snatched that win at the Hockenheimring. Fate is cruel.

On the boosts note, I'll suggest again adapting to a similar system to the GPGNC. Boost makes a huge difference there. My team is kind of a backmarker since I just joined, but at round 3 I submitted a 500/500 boost and finished 4th.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
I'm on top 10 in Test Drivers standings. Wow, looks quite interesting. Next one is the last and hopefully I can give everything myself to finish this season on a high. ;)
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> We've used boost twice this year, and both times
> we've failed to score any points.
>
> What's the actual point of the system?

I am completely with you on this. I have also been in the camp of thought for along time now that the boost system needs to be changed and I am fully with the idea that the GPGNC version works really well and actually gives you, as a team boss, an added layer on intrigue in the racing. The strategy for me, was trying to out-guess the other managers and deploy a boost to the best effect.

On a side-note though, the Christel VXR alumni are doing mighty well in the championship. *Secretly sticks a tenner on Elleker to win it*

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Hoping for a strong finish to the season

Hopefully I can stay in front of my Dutch friend Jalving !!! ;)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2016 07:05PM by Brett Sinclair.
Carlitox Scritto:
> Oh how different thing would be if I had snatched
> that win at the Hockenheimring. Fate is cruel.
>
> On the boosts note, I'll suggest again adapting to
> a similar system to the GPGNC. Boost makes a huge
> difference there. My team is kind of a backmarker
> since I just joined, but at round 3 I submitted a
> 500/500 boost and finished 4th.

But you can still fail with that boost system, like me. No boost system is perfect I guess.

My GPGSL Career
It would be nice however that when you do boost, you can go over every other team without using all of it at once. Backmarker teams can use +8 BHP in the middle of the season and still 'only' compare to the number 1, 2 and 3 teams.
Maybe we could try and make the boosts more powerfull like Ruben was saying as well. Maybe do a few test runs in the off season with it?

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Massive crowds...

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Great looking track for the season finale! Plenty of granstands, where no doubt a large German contingent will be waving these.....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
A sneak peak at what the Season 11 livery will be for Demon?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy