Help needed with Geforce ti 4200 8agp

Posted by marcl 
Help needed with Geforce ti 4200 8agp
Date: June 05, 2003 01:32PM
Posted by: marcl
Is anyone else having graphics slow down in go4 with the above card. I have tried many things to fix it but have had no luck.

I have the latest drivers and norton turned off.

Please help
Re: Help needed with Geforce ti 4200 8agp
Date: June 05, 2003 01:52PM
Posted by: F1Master
64Mb or 128Mb?

Either way this card should be good enough to run the game pretty smoothly with most of the detail high. Unless you have everything on full and the screen resolution above 1280x1024 it should do the trick.

What are your system specs and are you using WinXP?
Date: June 05, 2003 01:56PM
got the following:

asus a7n8x amdxp2000+ Geforce ti 4200 8agp 128mb 512 ddr 400.

I can get very good speed in the game no prob but every lap in different places the game just hesitates and its so anoying as i can not do anythibg
Date: June 05, 2003 02:05PM
Personally I can't see where the problems lies, you have a good gfx card, processor and memory, enough to handle this game at decent speed consistently with fairly high detail.

If you can double your ram that should certainly do the trick, memory's pretty cheap these days.
Date: June 05, 2003 03:57PM
Posted by: Timm
Wasn't that a known bug with the game?

I think you need to patch it with the 9.6 patch

Date: June 05, 2003 11:28PM
I have patched the game.

i just do not know whats doing it
Date: June 06, 2003 03:18AM
Posted by: john-nicholas
I have the same video card and the same problem. It's not the RAM, and the patch doesn't solve the problem either. Nor does having the latest drivers. I have WinMe OS, I'm guessing that marcl has WinXP. So far vsync is the only tweak that seems to help, but not enough as the stutter re-occurs but not as frequently.

I have noticed more ctds that, when I return, I must re-calibrate my steering.

I have tried all sorts off tweaks using RivaTuner, but none have helped as of yet other than vsync. I did not have this problem before directX 9, though I may try to re-install it this weekend to see if it helps. If that doesn't work, I will try more RivaTuner tweaks. If I can remember, I will report what I have found.

regards,
john

Date: June 06, 2003 05:25AM
Thanks john i thought i was the only one :(

It also does it in other games as well. I have winxp, i will do the same and take directx 9 off and see if it helps

Post Edited (06-06-03 12:32)

Date: June 06, 2003 02:04PM
How do u remove directx9?
Date: June 06, 2003 02:11PM
Why are you using directX9?

This game runs best with 8.1 which its bundled with and people have had problems using DX9 with this game. Re-install 8.1 and things should work as there is nothing wrong with that card, my cousin has one and he doesn't get slowdown, then again he's using Win98SE which is brilliant for gaming, low CPU usage so more for the game.
Date: June 06, 2003 05:48PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Turn down your Hardware Acceleration.
You'll find it under:
Control Panel, Multimedia, Audio then Advanced Properties. I'm right down to 0 but you might want to try a stop or two on the way down.

....................I quite like this now.
Date: June 07, 2003 04:22AM
So why do the latest drivers on the nvidia say they are for directx9 if the card does not work properly with it, how stupid.

My mate at work said his gf downloaded directx9 yesterday and when he got home and played GP4 he had the same problems as me lol.
Date: June 07, 2003 04:44AM
The card does work properly with DX9 but not with this game it seems. See if the card still slows down when playing another game with DX9 and the chances are it won't, it'll be fine.

This game is tempremental to the core, we all know that so its best to stcik with what it asks for DX8.1 then you should be okay.

Re-install 8.1 from the CD and try it, let us know if it worked.
Date: June 07, 2003 04:49AM
I get the same problem in Rollercoaster tycoon2 and what a supirse its made by the same company.

Flight sim is ok
Date: June 07, 2003 01:14PM
I tried directx 8.1 and it makes the problem a bit better but i lose 10fps and my cars are messed up.

I put directx9 back on problem returned so i tried my old Radeon 8500le and all was ok.

So its clearly a problem with the drivers for the Nvidia cards or a bios problem for agp8 as the radeon card is not agp8.

I strongly recomend people do not use the geforce card, i am gonna try and get the new radeon card as i have read reviews and it blows the new geforce away.

I done a search on google for problem with the graphics card and so many people are having the same problem with or without directx9

Post Edited (06-07-03 21:26)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy