Understanding lods

Posted by nileblackflame 
Understanding lods
Date: February 27, 2016 01:26AM
Posted by: nileblackflame
Hi all, I have a newbie question. If I downloaded a CSM mod that only has the liveries on lod0 cars, is there a way I can convert to make the other lods? My computer is too poor to handle lod0 only. Thanks
Re: Understanding lods
Date: February 27, 2016 07:58AM
Posted by: davegp4
my stuff is non csm, (see if I have the mod your after) so all lods should be in the cars.wad file
you could try extracting that file and adding the extra lods to the CSM in your gp4 folder?
wow I just gave you hours of work!(Y)

Latest Themes / Mods > [www.mediafire.com]
You Tube Video's [www.youtube.com]
________________________________________±
Date: February 27, 2016 10:21AM
Posted by: munnzy
Yes this might be a lot of work. Not only have you got to convert each lod0 to lods 1,2,3,4 but also put the tex files for each car livery. example (hi_ferrari.tex and ferrari.tex) or you will end up with white cars or cars that change livery as the get further away. me thinks it's easier to buy a better pc :-o .
regards to all
Date: February 27, 2016 10:50AM
Posted by: TomMK
Making lower lods is very time consuming. Just buy a better laptop ;)

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: February 27, 2016 07:03PM
Posted by: nileblackflame
Thanks all for responses. I'll tinker with the lods a bit to learn more about how all the files work, but doubt I'll put a huge amount of time in to it. A better computer is the eventual answer, for sure.
Date: February 28, 2016 03:05PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy