Problem with joypad, cannot configure

Posted by Stratos 
Problem with joypad, cannot configure
Date: February 25, 2016 09:05PM
Posted by: Stratos
I have a original Xbox360 pad connected to my PC, it works perfectly in other games, but it seems I cannot configure it properly in GP4. The joypad has two analogic sticks, and I want to have the left one for steering and the right onw for acces and brake, but everytime I try it ends all in a big mess. Anyone ever succeded? Or is impossible to use such pads in GP4?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Re: Problem with joypad, cannot configure
Date: February 25, 2016 09:57PM
Posted by: nileblackflame
I found this post [www.grandprixgames.org] which suggests using a program to help facilitate that.. I personally use a PS3 controller without issue. Good luck!
Date: February 25, 2016 11:36PM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
@Stratos:
I had no problem using the analog sticks before I switched to using the triggers, however I used the left stick for throttle/brake and the right stick for steering.
I think there is something about the right-stick vertical axis that Grand Prix 4 (and a lot of older games) doesn't like.

So, my suggestion is that you do either one of the following:
1) Try using left stick for throttle/brake and right stick for steering.
2) Use Pinnacle Game Profiler to force the right stick vertical axis to something that Grand Prix 4 does like, possibly the Z axis.

If you go with option 2, once you've installed PGP, have a poke around and see if you can figure it yourself but, if not, I'll post a PGP profile later today that should do the trick.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: February 28, 2016 01:35AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Sorry this took so long, but I completely forgot: [www.dropbox.com]

This has two files in it; a .pin and a .con file.

Once you've installed PGP and plugged in/connected your controller, it will walk you through setting the controller up.
Next, you'll need to create a profile for Grand Prix 4; the PGP software is laid out really neatly, and it should be pretty easy to see how to do this.

Once you've done that, double click the *.pin file, and it will open with PGP.
You'll be given the option to associate the configuration from the .pin with an exiting profile (the one you just made).

Place the .con file in your GPSAVES folder.
Start the game via GPxPatch.
Once you're in game, check to see if Pinnacle is running properly; Hitting either of the shoulder buttons should cause the controller to rumble.
If it hasn't worked, exit the game, exit Pinnacle, and then run Pinnacle as an administrator.
Try again, and it should now be working.
Go the control setup screen, and load the .con file which will load a working control setup.

If you use that .con file, the controls are as follows:

* Throttle/Brake and Steering as you described.
* Right and Left shoulder buttons for Gear Up/Down respectively.
* 'B' for Traction Control
* 'Y' for Launch Control
* 'A' for Pit Signal

What I've also done, using PGP, is (and, if you don't like these, they're all easy enough to disable/alter in PGP):
* Down on the D-Pad is 'W'; This is so that you can clean your visor (if the relevant GP4 Tweaker setting is enabled)
* Up on the D-Pad is F1, Left is F3 and Right is F4; If GPxPatch's 'In-car setup changes' are enabled, this will allow you to change Brake and Differential settings while driving (on Pro or Ace)
F1 to cycle between settings, F3 and F4 to alter the values.
* Pressing left Joystick in will hit Spacebar, thus pausing the game.
* Pressing 'Back' will press '9' on the keyboard, thus cycling through the GPxPatch ATL display; Pressing Right stick in will press '0', turning it off.
* The right and left buttons will, as I said, cause a rumble when pressed.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: February 29, 2016 05:39PM
Posted by: Stratos
Your help is priceless!! T_he game is a lot more enjoyable now. Only one prblem. Pinnacle asks me to pay 6 dollars for using the profile, is that to be expected?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy