1967 Help - HUD (SOLVED) & Helmets (SOLVED)

Posted by gareth 
1967 Help - HUD (SOLVED) & Helmets (SOLVED)
Date: January 21, 2016 10:02AM
Posted by: gareth
Hi team,

I've been playing around making some minor amends to the awesome 1967 mod and have two issues I'd love to get some help with.

1. HUD - I've made some graphical updates to the usual analogue HUD display so that the dials match each other in style, see pic below.

What I would love to do though is to have in addition to the revs and fuel dials is instead of the gear selected displaying as simply a number on one of the dials, an image of a gear knob move from gear to gear. I've been poring through various ini files and can not for the life of me work out how to have the gear image change from one gear to another, it remains stuck on one gear only.

Basically I need to work out how to have one different image display as appropriate for each of Neutral, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th (and 7th) and Reverse. Any advice? I'm guessing it may NOT be possible otherwise someone far smarter than me would have done it by now?

Neutral, 1st, 6th and Reverse below.

SOLVED!!! Managed to figure it out thanks to another HUD that did something similar.

Download here for anyone who wants to try it out: [www.mediafire.com]

2. In the original mod, driver helmets are built into the car shape, so they don't have any of the cool little movements that GP4 can allow. I came across somewhere an old-school helmet shape and have input into the helmets folder, and deleted from the carshape the elements used for the helmet, however I can not get it to display the textures in GP4. The textures display in Zmodeller but not in-game so I just get the dreaded 'all white' . I've tried with and without 'Hi_' prefixes.

Is anyone familiar with this shape and got it to work? Any other thoughts?

Helmet issue also solved! Thanks to AUS_Doug - you are a legend :-)(Y)(*)(B)

The pic below features Josekast's helmet shape, which you can download from here: [www.mediafire.com]

AUS-Doug also was able to get Jvinu's working nicely below, download from here: [www.mediafire.com]

Thanks in advance,
Gareth

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2016 04:43AM by gareth.
Re: 1967 Help - HUD & Helmets
Date: January 22, 2016 03:46AM
Posted by: Foreverk
Maybe that´s the helmet you´re looking for? you could contact the autor: Shape Helmet 1960s by josekast
Date: January 23, 2016 06:49AM
Thanks Foverk, that's exactly the one, but unfortunately I can't get it to work for me :(

Even just dropping the shape into another mod (where in theory it should display that mod's helmet textures onto the shape, only they'll just look funny) doesn't work. In the example below I dropped the shape into my 2004 mod and have the same result:

Any ideas? What am I doing wrong, or there an issue with the shape itself?
Date: January 23, 2016 07:41AM
Posted by: kingdeuce86
Where did you download the 1967 mod from? I've looked for it but can't seem to find it.
Date: January 23, 2016 10:23AM
Posted by: quickslick
gareth, could it be, that you have to change the names of the materials for the helmet from helmet_1969_glass and helmet_1969 to driver1_1 and helmet_stuff?

@kingdeuce, here's a link for the mod 1967

[www110.zippyshare.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2016 10:35AM by quickslick.
Date: January 23, 2016 04:21PM
Posted by: jvinu2000
if somebody knows the solution please let me know because i made a helmet shape some time ago and have the same problem:

http://gp4forever.com/threads/helmets-2013-by-jvinu2000.1359/page-2

_______________________________________________________________________________________
jvinu2000.tumblr.com
Date: January 24, 2016 05:06AM
Thanks quickslick for the suggestion - I've tried renaming materials in GP4 Builder to no avail :(

Nice helmet jvinu! I can see your materials are named 'driver1_1' and 'driver1_2' so perhaps the names of the materials isn't the issue.

How strange that two 60s shapes don't seem to want to work haha!
Date: January 24, 2016 09:19AM
Posted by: kingdeuce86
quickslick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @kingdeuce, here's a link for the mod 1967
>
> [www110.zippyshare.com]

Much appreciated.
Date: January 24, 2016 11:06AM
Posted by: quickslick
your welcome :)
Solved the HUD issue - managed to figure it out thanks to another HUD that did something similar.

Download here for anyone who wants to try it out: [www.mediafire.com]
Gareth, could you send me the helmet shape and a couple of textures and I'll have a look.
Josekast's Dropbox isn't working at the moment, so I can't download from there.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Thank you very much for download (Y) I use mainly GP3 and the Classic Hud works like a charm, great job and thanks again for your work (Y):-)

gareth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Solved the HUD issue - managed to figure it out
> thanks to another HUD that did something similar.
>
>
> Download here for anyone who wants to try it out:
> [www.mediafire.com]
> dash_dials.rar
Glad to hear it works! (Y)
Helmet issue solved! Thanks to AUS_Doug - you are a legend :-)(Y)(*)(B)

The pic below features Josekast's helmet shape, which you can download from here: [www.mediafire.com]

AUS-Doug also was able to get Jvinu's working nicely below, download from here: [www.mediafire.com]

Re: 1967 Help - HUD (SOLVED) & Helmets (SOLVED)
Date: March 28, 2016 11:06AM
Posted by: Rot Teufel
i really like the HUD. It'll be fit really good with a 70s/80s mod (Y) (B)

My workthread with all RELEASED and WIP stuff

Date: March 28, 2016 01:49PM
great, could you explain what was the problem please

_______________________________________________________________________________________
jvinu2000.tumblr.com
Date: March 29, 2016 01:14AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Oh, sorry jvinu; I was going to message you about it, but I completely forgot.

It was a pretty simply fix actually; the problem was the names of objects.

As far as I know, Helmets must have two - and only two - objects in the .gp4 file; 'helmet' and 'visor'.

Your's had quite a few more if I remember correctly.

All the bits that we want transparent - eg. the visor - go in the 'visor' object, and everything else in the 'helmet' object.

In this archive - [www.mediafire.com] - are two versions of your helmet; One where the lenses of the goggles are transparent (so that you can see the driver's eyes) and one where they are opaque.

In the opaque.gp4, even though we don't have any transparent parts, we still need a 'visor' object.
Here, I just created a small shape that I can hide inside the driver's head.

In the transparent.gp4, I detached the lenses from the rest of the goggles, and moved them into the 'visor' object.

Have a look at the different shapes in GP4 Builder or Zmodeler and you'll see what I mean.

Another example to have a look at are the (very good) helmet shapes on your blog; they all have the correct number of objects.

Hope that explains it for you.

(And it is a really great helmet by the way, love the detail on the head)

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: March 29, 2016 03:10AM
thank you very much

jvinu2000.tumblr.com
Date: May 25, 2022 02:39PM
Posted by: kerleyf1
Hi guys!

Anyone have the complete (b-tone) Tony's updated 1967 mod wilh all stuff mentioned in this topic?

I really want to update and release a new version with last CSM structure and updated car's (specially the suspension, to work like original GP4 suspension).

Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2022 02:49PM by kerleyf1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy