[SOLVED] Identifying a font and sponsor

Posted by AUS_Doug 
[SOLVED] Identifying a font and sponsor
Date: January 19, 2016 01:48AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Hi all,
In the following picture (a helmet worn by Martini in '93), I'm interested in two things:
1) The sponsor starting with 'B' that appears on the lower edge of the visor and, I think, again on the top.
2) The name of the font used for the driver's name, below the green line towards the front of the helmet.

The only other decent shots I can find of his helmet have Arai as the sponsor on top, and Cara Coat on the visor; But I don't know if they're from '93

Cheers,
Doug.

EDIT: As Briere says below, the 'B' 'sponsor' is Bieffe Helmets.

As for a font for the driver name, I decided that 'HP Simplified Bold Italic' is close enough.
It might be available for download somewhere, or it might get installed along with the driver software for a HP brand Printer/Scanner/Copier.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2016 11:34AM by AUS_Doug.
Re: Identifying a font and sponsor
Date: January 19, 2016 02:48AM
Posted by: Briere
This is the helmet brand, BIEFFE :) I can't help with the font though.
Date: January 19, 2016 06:26AM
Date: January 19, 2016 11:14AM
Posted by: Alesi_fan
AUS_Doug Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Awesome, thanks for that!
----------------------------------------

Look for "bieffe helmet logo" at google (picture) and you will find what you ask for ; )

U/
Date: January 19, 2016 11:31AM
Yep, got it thanks; took a while to get a nice one - the best one was on their website which was down for a while - but all good now.
I also managed to settle on a font that is pretty close to what I'm after as well, 'HP Simplified Bold Italic'.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy