New Renault released - amazing

Posted by Buzz Hornet 
Re: New renault released - amazing
Date: June 05, 2003 12:30AM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
@ Bojan

Heard the same, not to far away.....

Quote from Guyon

"As to the R4... Erwin is finishing of the mapping as we speak (well not literaly ). Textures are as good as finished, and alphalayer will take me another 2 days. So all in all I hope it will be ready somewhere next week, although I can't guarantee anything."

To finish first, first you have to finish
Re: New Renault released - amazing
Date: June 05, 2003 03:36AM
Posted by: sasjag
"but Viper's cars are always missing them... Imageing running 5 or 6 teams with each car having the size of 220 kbs... PO is gonna be 150 or maybe 190+. That wont work."

all my cars have the same LOD like u say, and t does affect performance, but not that much, i only lost a few FPS tbh, as lets face it, not all the cars are on screen at the same time are they

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: June 05, 2003 03:57AM
Posted by: b-tone
true, but starts can be bad.
if a carshape is based on an original gp4 one, then try the original lower lods. i think that helped for me once, and the mapping was ok

____
Tony

Date: June 05, 2003 01:31PM
Posted by: F1Master
Why is this new file coming only as one rar file rather than the full set as Bojan normally sends it as?

This causes me no end of problems and I can't ever get it to work, same with Masuzohs.

Anyone help me find a way of doing it using wadupdater or is Bojan going to re-release this new Renault complete?
Date: June 05, 2003 01:48PM
Posted by: Max Downforce
The rar file is like a zip file it contains all the files only rar is smaller than zip ;-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Date: June 05, 2003 01:55PM
Do you need a specific utility to extract rar files as when I put the rar file in a folder and try to extract it to cars.wad using wadupdater nothing happens, i'm just left with the old cars.

Only seems to happen with these single files for me, all the others work - any help?
Date: June 05, 2003 02:02PM
Posted by: Max Downforce
You got to have winrar [download.com.com]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Date: June 05, 2003 02:13PM
Cheers, thats done the job :-)
Date: June 05, 2003 06:13PM
Posted by: ViperF1
I hope I can finish it today.
I don't know when the car is ready...although I've got the shape before AUS GP....
Ghostrider tole me he will add barage baords,the new fins,and remake the sidepods...

Post Edited (06-06-03 01:19)

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: June 05, 2003 08:55PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
Looks very impressive.......

To finish first, first you have to finish
Date: June 05, 2003 09:08PM
Thx :) I have first finished it :D

Post Edited (06-06-03 04:08)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: June 06, 2003 03:31AM
Posted by: nicol@cciarri
Renault with new double bargeboards is ready...but we have no published to see if ( as written on specialized magazines ) they will remain also for the next Gp.
If it's so, don't worry: a small update is ready.
But is not finished here: there is also a Monaco complete version ( new bargeboards, new rear wing, and wings on engine and airscoop...).
We can release also this version for a "low-track" cars.wad, to be set with gpx-track option in Gpxpatch.

nicol@cciarri
Date: June 06, 2003 02:06PM
The Renault will use those double bargeboards for the rest of the year, Autosport said it wasn't Monaco specific so you can release it now :-)
Date: June 06, 2003 11:18PM
Posted by: nicol@cciarri
Yes, thank You.
Also we read this ...and probably this is the future bargeboards renault set.
As I said , and bojan confirmed, we have ready this carshape ( is a little update, indeed ).
But, we want to be sure that the shape and the logos on new bargeboards will be in the same manner we saw at monaco...It should be ridiculous publishing now, after 2 days, an update...and then after Canada, another eventual update...don't You think?
Cheers

nicol@cciarri
Date: June 06, 2003 11:32PM
Posted by: b-tone
well, if you guys publish updates after every race, it'll keep the TrackSpecificWad guys happy, and stop the leeching.
Good Work

____
Tony

Date: June 07, 2003 03:25AM
you can see the new rearwing , barage boards in the June test @ silverstone

Date: June 07, 2003 05:08AM
Release it only whens its perfect nicol@cciarri, no rush.

As you can see things are pretty much as they were in Monaco confirming they are keeping most of the updates. Note that the rear wing endplate has an intricate cut-out detail at the top too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy