Hello all!

Posted by Läufer 
Hello all!
Date: June 03, 2003 08:59PM
Posted by: Läufer
Hi, im new on the boards , beeing an grand prix 2 veteran i'd like to know what kind of pc i must have to play gp4 in a decent graphical and performance situation?, my current machine is an intel 3-800 with a gf2 64, and 390mbdram, am i have to upgrade something? thank you.
Re: Hello all!
Date: June 03, 2003 09:11PM
Posted by: fcarmoracing
Welcome to the forum!

yeah, some guys say that to get the best performance on GP4 you will have to run it on a processor of around 2.0ghz, 265mbram, and a 64mb 3d video card.

I have an AMD 1200mhz, 64mbram, and a 16mb Voodo 3d!!!! I run GP4 in the poorest graphics, and just a few tracks still!!!!
Date: June 03, 2003 09:48PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Yup, welcome.
The game is really heavy on the processor AND the graphics card.
I'm on a "tweaked" Geforce 3 and a P4 (1500) "tweaked again".
Even the OS makes a difference. I'm on 98SE and swear it's the best but other guys who've been here a while might differ slightly.
Most of us get it between 90 and 99% of the way there but nobody's ever managed to run it "perfectly". There's also a wealth of high quality add-ons to keep it up to date.
Give it a bash, come back here to find out what you need to do next.
Like I said, WELCOME! - (evil laugh).

....................I quite like this now.
Date: June 03, 2003 10:44PM
Posted by: variante_ascari
welcome to the forum Läufer

a P4 2.6, 256 DDRram, 128mb Gf4 ti4200 will do the job :)

Post Edited (06-04-03 05:48)

Date: June 04, 2003 06:13PM
Posted by: Läufer
thanks all the replyes, i think ill save some euros to get the gforce 4 ti, my pc have great ram, the processor ill have to wait a little more time, thanks for the attention.
Date: June 05, 2003 04:52AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
No problemo, we are a friendly bunch ;)

Date: June 05, 2003 05:47AM
Posted by: Pooky
hello mate,

i am running it on a p3 1000 mhz, 640m ram, geforce 2, win xp, and i am running it quite nicely with good graphics.
all i had to do was do the xp tweaks for optimum speed, and do the graphics tweaks so the game runs beter.

ohh, and turn right down xp sound performance and that improves it a hell of a lot.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy